I think when Wayne was selling it he wanted around 3500
    Any problem can be sorted at a price

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wayne had issues when he had it iirc, then sold it... A few months later someone came on here saying he'd bought it and it still had issues, the bodywork looked good when Wayne had it and he sold it to someone in Scotland... If it's had a few other owners after this then I reckon it's now starting to look worse and the engine will still be crap or ready for a engine swap.

IMO give it a wide birth.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im in no rush at all so il happily wait and hopefully by then the owner will want shut of it at a much lower price. The engine issues (whatever they may be) im not too fussed about, im mainly after the bodywork to be perfect. Thanks for your advice and to the people who have pm'd me with advice and info about it. I'll see if it sells on ebay and if not il ring him.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a soft spot for nova sri's also!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My old car i have sorted a fair few bugs in it i noticed its up again i put a new gsi bumper on aswell . Gsi clock conversion and put a lovley piper back box on it . And had the stubby mirtors done aswell which a hell off a lot work went into car bodywork is perfect not a mark on her when i owned her never seen a bad bit of wether had the speedlines re done 2 and fitted 40series proxies all round . Problems with running came from a bad crank sensor and put a new bottom pully on which invoices should be thair . Renewed the distributor aswell and had wiring tidyed up . Car was running fault free when sold and never gave me no trouble . The chap who has it now paid me the same money wot he is selling it for and seemd a nice chap . You wont find better never welded or arches very origanal awsome sri . I put a new petrol tank in aswell . Was very pamperd had all the bumpers re done aswell and same as mirror edges . You wont find a sweeter sri for your money good luck its worth it hope this helps .

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot for the reply kev, that sounds very promising. Hopefully the bodywork is just as good as when you had it because i really do want a rust/dent free example. My garage will be finished at the weekend so il ring the guy on Monday and see if he still has it and what price he will drop to. Shame it's nearly 250 miles away though but i dont mind a road trip

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well good luck . Its honestly very very tidy . The bumpers and bottom half wee done bodyline traffic black with bumpers being laqard on top and new pinstripe the rear arches still have the spotwelds on thaim was not a bit of rust near any part off the car back valance is like new as front valance aswell chasiss legs are like new front to back bootfloor is as new inner wings bang on aswell front crossmember mint . I have my own detailing buisness and i had car gleming inside and out and all arches were painted aswell i spent a lot off time on areas making her very nice hope its still like that . Most pictures on off the car is in my drive at home i have noticed that is up . I have took all my png stickers off window and billing stickers as i still have thaim tho . Go for it its a belter . Only bit that it might suffer in future bottom edge of drivers door from behind was starting but not on the front outer skin .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this car was seen in cumnock ayrshire tonight!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye i've noticed it has ended on ebay so must of been sold. Oh well, may of been a bad thing getting the nova bug again

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waggygsi View Post
    this car was seen in cumnock ayrshire tonight!!
    Take a good look at it, novas in Scotland turn to dust In about 3 months