0 Thread(s)

looking good mate

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have i missed the point where you have decided whether it will be returned to looking like a sport with a 1300, or returning to its current spec and XE?

Or has that decision not been reached yet

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Have i missed the point where you have decided whether it will be returned to looking like a sport with a 1300, or returning to its current spec and XE?

Or has that decision not been reached yet
    Its been a tough one but it looks like the jury has gone with the 1.3 Sport option, After all the combination of high revving 1.3 on Webbers with the Quaife box adding to the sound track is a great combination....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7fsUCm9ew

It would need to be a fairly tweaked one, I've even had the daft thought to try and run Webber Alpha on it as the Throttle body's do fit the Irmscher Inlet manifold. I would need to see if the I can adapt them so that the Irmscher airbox work with it, plenty of time to decide on that though!

I want to soarce some original seats namely the fronts (I think I have the rears sorted) so I have got them for the long term future. To start with I would like to keep the car light so I'm on the look out for some Kevlar Magnums or Recaro's like it had on the Clarkson Video.
    I have a pair of these very light weight Recaro's in Kevlar but they are just to modern for this project.

Would swap them for good Sport / SR seats though....If I can tempt anyone
    Last edited by A11VXL; 27-03-13 at 04:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John Its Stuart Morgan I sold you the engine back for your sport.
    Hows the car coming along?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A11VXL View Post
    Its been a tough one but it looks like the jury has gone with the 1.3 Sport option, After all the combination of high revving 1.3 on Webbers with the Quaife box adding to the sound track is a great combination....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7fsUCm9ew

It would need to be a fairly tweaked one, I've even had the daft thought to try and run Webber Alpha on it as the Throttle body's do fit the Irmscher Inlet manifold. I would need to see if the I can adapt them so that the Irmscher airbox work with it, plenty of time to decide on that though!

I want to soarce some original seats namely the fronts (I think I have the rears sorted) so I have got them for the long term future. To start with I would like to keep the car light so I'm on the look out for some Kevlar Magnums or Recaro's like it had on the Clarkson Video.
    I have a pair of these very light weight Recaro's in Kevlar but they are just to modern for this project.

Would swap them for good Sport / SR seats though....If I can tempt anyone
    That video is the sport i bought ,was a real fun car to drive and quick for what it was ,but ran out of puff on longer circuits ,i have a 1 piece rear seat if you want to do a deal on 1 of your seats ?

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    That video is the sport i bought ,was a real fun car to drive and quick for what it was ,but ran out of puff on longer circuits ,i have a 1 piece rear seat if you want to do a deal on 1 of your seats ?
    Hi I've sorted a rear seat now thanks, I'm confused by "that video is the sport I brought" I sold the car to Simon in 2002 and he sold it back to me last November, did you own it before me in the nineties then when it was a 1.3?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much would you be looking for one of those seats? Pm me if youd like to sell

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video was matthew pinder in a sport ,i was led to believe it was the sport i bought c599cyl ,it looks identical even down to the stack rev counter ,i am sure that i have seen a picture of the outside and it had the same decals on the side skirts .
    i would be interested in the other seat if you do want to sell them

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan I have sent you a PM.

Hi Stuart the Sport is coming on I've got it stripped now and will be starting the body repair work soon, but have recently bought an awful old MOT failure C reg Nova base for some additional trim spares etc so have been stripping that to scrap it, so I can get it out of the workshop as I'm taking up to much space with what Sarah calls my rusty wrecks!
    How's yours coming on with my interior! :-)

Ps any luck on finding that alternator bracket :-) cheers Jon

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    The video was matthew pinder in a sport ,i was led to believe it was the sport i bought c599cyl ,it looks identical even down to the stack rev counter ,i am sure that i have seen a picture of the outside and it had the same decals on the side skirts .
    i would be interested in the other seat if you do want to sell them
    Sorry I'm getting my wires crossed I thought you ment mine in the Clarkson Video.. Doh!!
    So you owned the one in the Pinder video, it makes a really lovely noise that one and seems to get up that hill very well. I will PM you about the seats.