0 Thread(s)

What is stuart?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Josh View Post
    i'm in Bicester? yes i have to go home every friday, takes about 6 hours by bus...... and majority of the students are local to the area
    my sister in law lives in bicester & i used to live about 5 miles from there.. its a fairly boring place, like all other towns in middle england.

when you are 16, a girlfriend is a great thing to have, but take it from someone who knows, relationships at your age involving long distances & time apart rarely last, you are both still young, if she sees you are trying to get yourself a decent career, & doesn't hassle you about it, then it could last a very long time..

is there some cheapo flight bus option that is quicker to get you to stansted??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay in college, let people in the trade know your after an apprenticeship and eventually you'll get a job. It worked for me

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What is stuart?
    Being mentally knackered.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Being mentally knackered.
    It is,im really enjoying it,the practical and theory is easy enough for me as i know alot of what we have done so far,that said i have learnt a fair bit,but find it easy to take in.
    The science physics stuff,i really have to concentrate,we have been doing belt speeds,heat capacities and gas laws etc.Bearing in mind i barely went to school in the last 2 years so didnt even know some of the symbols etc,Pi to me was what you had with chips and graveh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

having to concentrate?? are you making fruit juice or something??

have fun with pi.....

write 3.14 on a bit of white paper with a marker pen, then hold it up to a light.. report your findings...

boring lectures are the absolute worst thing.. i almost lost the will to live on my course at coventry.. thermodynamics probably are fascinating to some people, but looking at strange blobs on a graph for hours at a time put me off.. i wanted the hands on stuff a damn site more than the theory... so i realised my level of maths had reached its ceiling, and i struggled to get any further, so dropped out at the end of year 1... i was probably a complete fool, but i could sleep at night

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate, grit your teeth and keep at it if you can, trust me there was times i hated doing my uni course and i was inches away from quitting. There are big highs and lows when committing to a course and college like that. You worked hard to get into the course, would be a shame to throw the towel in. My advice is to keep at it and finish the 1st year, because then at least you have something out of it, and i'm sure by the end of the academic year you will have a much better understanding of what you want. If you need any more advice mate just drop us a txt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, well done for being prepared to make the sacrifices you obviously have at 16 to do the course you want. Would've been much easier for you to do something half-ar$ed at your local college and dos about with your mates.

I assume you have a course tutor at college, I would suggest it may we worth knocking on his door and sitting down having a talk with him before you make any decisions. Tell him your concerns. He may put your mind at rest, or maybe confirm your fears. Either way, you'll have a bit more information to make an informed decision, and he may look out for you a bit more. If you don't get on with your tutor, maybe one ofyour lecturers would be better to talk to.

For what its worth I reckon you should stick it out. You've made the biggest step getting on the course and getting set up with someone to stop with near the college, you've got no distraction while you're away so you have a chance to do really well with your assignments so you can go home at weekend and spend your time with your girl and your mates. You obviously have a dream you're pursuing.

Personally, I think education is dull. I didn't enjoy it, but I stuck with it, got what I needed and got the job I wanted. Your course is 2 years, but it might set you up for the next 40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get loads of student loans, go get wrecked, drop out and work in kfc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the same course as you but in bridgwater! I loved it at the start, spent a fair amount of time on the rolling road and messed about with the radical and other single seaters! However it drained on me that I was still in education! I did stick it out but in a year of around 40 a good 8 dropped out to work in asda down the road! Although not many people are in the motorsport industry they have found it easier to get a job in other areas of the motor trade! It will be worth it when it's done! You WILL regret it if you drop out!