Thread: legal question

Club Member Club Member novalew's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default legal question

My "nice" neighbours rang and put a complaint in at my landlords today due to been too Noisy

Yesterday i was sanding my Rear axle using a drill with wire attachment and angle grinder with sanding disc

today i cut (angle grinder) a wing in half and cleaned the metal then proceeded to weld it together for practice and ground the weld back.

both acts were done after midday and in my back garden, do the miserable benefit scroungers have a leg to stand on.

The also commented that my 2 year old son cries too much.

Even though we work full time and my son and daughter are both out of the house and nurserys from 7.30am - 6 pm and in bed at around 8.30 - 9pm

gggggrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    yup, vauxhall nova, the automotive equivalent of herpes... The symptoms may come & go, but the disease is permanent
    my project thread

PNG OS Survivor Club Member scott.parker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pmsl ****ers screw em

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go round & ask said neighbours when would it be least trouble for you to make a little noise..

turf wars with people next door never end well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate I wouldn't mind but they have 3-5 dogs that poop everywhere they leave it for days then whip up the manhole cover and shove it down, sometimes leaving the cover off and the stench is ridiculous. I have had to put up 2 pub style fly traps outside to try to help. The passage between the house stinks. They have storming rows, threatening each other and discussing who is the laziest and how the daughter will grass up the mom for not declaring the dad living there and how she lies in bed all day drinking cider. And they all wear pj's and dressing gowns all day. This is just the stuff I can be bothered to write using my phone
    yup, vauxhall nova, the automotive equivalent of herpes... The symptoms may come & go, but the disease is permanent
    my project thread

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been in this position;

1. Children crying - they do not have a leg to stand on, as all kids/babies cry.
    2. Repairing of cars - difficult as the local authority can deem it as antisocial behaviour and what constitutes it is a grey area. You also need to check your tennancy agreement as many specifically prohibit the repairing of cars on the property.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are all civil matters/disagreements, just make sure you keep your cool and dont develop this into a police attendance!

As stated if renting the property clearly check any tenancy agreements, if you are ok on that front I would get into the landlord straight away to explain your side of the disagreement.

Also keep a record of what you are doing, times and days includin also approx noise levels. Good evidence in these matters goes a long way.

But as mowgli has stated first step should be a nice polite chat with the neighbours and see if there is a way to appease the situation and come to a mutual agreement. Neighbour disagreements are a nightmare and can become very nasty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you know they have done it, has the landlord already been in touch with you?
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems the scummier the complainers the easier it is for them to get the result they want.
    We had noisy neighbours for a while (they would have music on properly loud from 4pm to 10pm then go out, come back with a load of mates and have the music on loud + stand outside discussing whos knobbed who from 2am till 6am EVERYDAY. We complained to the council and they pretty much didnt give a toss and passed it onto Environmental health who also didnt give much of a toss. In the end it took a load of DVLA reports about the cars + maybe bending the truth about drug dealing at the address to get the police round. We had jobs and are decent enough people

I'd report them to the social services for benefit fraud and the dog turd stuff for endangering you and your families health.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    how do you know they have done it, has the landlord already been in touch with you?
    Yeah mate had a call from him on sat. He was pretty cool. I tried been nice i went round and asked why they couldnt come round and talk about it but they simply werent interested. But now after checking the contract im not sure if i can have the car. I know this is my fault but ffs its just a hobby. Easier to smoke crack and steal, rather than try and bring the kids up properly these days
    my project thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what does you tenecy say about working on cars? mine says only general maintenance is allowed, love to know which one of them is going to tell me that what I'm doing isn't generaly maintain my car, seems a fairly vauge statment to me
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''