Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rac vs aa vs green flag

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to be AA for me. Faultless service several times. So good last time I even emailed the head office to tell them how ****ing awesome they had been.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had copious amounts of callouts with RAC a few years ago and was always pretty good (theres a maximum number of callouts on there tho). Also had a few dealings with AA and they've seemed good too.

yorkshire: Drives. A3 Sline,Octavia VRS & J20LTB
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the AA were ok until they dropped A6VXL off the back of their towing dolley! Even though they paid for repairs I would never use them again as I felt it was down to the technicians incompetance and could have been completely avoided.

Nick.
    Last edited by Nick J; 10-09-12 at 11:03 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the aa are pish i broke down 100mile away from house at 7 pm ish and got home 5.30 am ish 3 tow lorrys later . so im joining green flag next

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worked for a local recovery firm and we subied for all of the above. We did loads of work for green flag because they just use who's closest, so their customers were always happy. AA on the other hand would try and cover everything with their own wagons and use us as a last resort. So when we got to their customers they had normally been on the roadside for hours. And AA would blame us even though we'd only got the call 30 mins before hand.

So I would never use AA. Didn't do much work for RAC so can't comment and Green flag seemed great for customer satisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't go RAC. My wife phoned me sometime last year to say the vectra had dumped red oil all over her works carpark. I was pretty sure it was transmission fluid - which it turned out it was. I told her to phone the RAC and get it put on a wagon and taken home. When the RAC guy got there, he had a look and straight away told her there was a big crack in the inspection plate on the bottom of the gearbox and that was why it had dumped its fluid.

He got in it, took it for a drive round her carpark, and then told her to drive it home and he'd follow her. No option of recovery. The wife, knowing less than cock all about cars and feeling pretty vulnerable did it and drove home. She's a very nervous driver anyway and she was in tears when I got home from work.

I was absolutely steaming. In my opinion he bullied her into driving it so he could hit his targets for fixing things at the side of the road.

Not only that, the car had been driven 12 miles with no gearbox fluid and as it turned out a lump of metal about 1/2" square rattling round in the bottom of the box which is what had broken the plate in the first place as it got trapped between that and the gear.

RAC customer complaints were useless. Told me the wife had said she was happy to drive it - erm no - and that she had been given the option of recovery - complete lies. They couldn't see why I was upset about it having been driven with no transmission fluid and a lump of metal banging around the gearbox.

Absolutely shocking company. Go with AA or Greenflag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was more likely he just didn't want to get his wagon dirty to be honest... I got a major bollocks from my boss for putting a tiny scratch on the bed of my truck. I explained that the car had rolled a few times and had 4 flats and one wheel not really steering but he still wasn't impressed. I was just chuffed i managed to recover it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been with RAC for years, I think my dad has Green Flag via his insurance.

I've only ever had to use RAC twice, touch wood, happy with the service both times. I think Riggy had issues at billing once as they refused to come out within 24 hours of him joining though.

As for AA, Lee took pretty much a day to come back from PVS once iirc due to AA relaying him to random services instead of back home

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont go with AA.
    We sometimes call them on behalf of people that have had accidents and the amount of times Ive heard eta's given as well over 2hrs..even if I explain that the car is blocking the road and Police are having to wait at scene until the vehicle is recovered. We normally end up recovering it ourselves..and it ends up cheaper for the driver too.

I normally go with Jack breakdown services. Not the quickest but they always attend...(if they know whats good for them!!)

Club Member Club Member blue_peg_16v's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rac there more equipped than green flag to get your car running again rather than tow you home

My reason for saying this is when on my old mans rac had a clutch cable go they came out and made a temporary cable to get me home, when I had to take my own obviously being a northerner I went for the cheapest nationwide policy so greenflag it was had a clutch cable go with them and the just towed it, so after that I switched back to rac being towed is a pain in the ass
    told you saloons are the future!!!!!!!