Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where would be the cheapest to get insured on a standard nova at 17?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Josh View Post
    My parents put up the insurance when I add them on? Even with no points and everything, and when I look into stuff like 1ltr 106's, it's only a hundred or soo cheaper
    mine ended up a £3015 pound for the nova each one of parents knocked £150 off a time so its worth putting them on .
    + why do motorbike ncb not count for anything on a car because i had 3 years ncb on my ped and i was having a agument with a insurance company down the phone but they still dont count it.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a 1.2l hatch as my first car last year with co op, £1350 is what i payed at 17... 18 now paying £1522 for a 2.0 vectra with elephant, shop about!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm insuring my 1.2i nova sx for 3 grand with endsleigh, only been driving it since march so no ncb. For a laugh I thought I'd get quotes on silly cars like new astra vxr's and clio sports and the silly cars are actually coming in cheaper at around 2 grand.
    I'm 22 and I've only had my license since last december, how they work out the prices they give is a mystery to me.

Best bet is to shop around mate and get quotes on cars old and new big and small, you might be pleasantly surprised at what you can insure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow,im glad im an old git im under £1000 a year for a toyota auris sr180,skoda fabia vrs & nova gte

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to have a box fitted to mine to bring the quote down and no company would do it, only a 1.2i saloon as well, kept getting quotes for around 2200 and eventually got my mum as the policy holder and me as a named driver, then bought this ncb protector and builder thing Churchill do so me mums ncb is protected if I crash, and mine can build up, I only pay £897 a year doing it that way so its probably worth a try mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in the exact same situation

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm paying £1600 on my own now on my standard loon with Directline. Cheapest by far for me

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest mate when I was looking around the cheapest I found was £1.9k which isnt all that bad for first year with no ncd. You just have to suck it up and pay it for the first year, soon comes down.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have 0 no claims 811 full comp but a do drive a audi to :P

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k sounds about right, I owned a 1.0l nova for 2 years before I could afford insurance. as soon as I got to 19 it went straight down to 750 :o and I didn't drive anything while waiting for insurance to lower so I have clean license and no ncd. for me since ive been 17 novas have had the cheapest insurance quotes, beating corsas, puntos, clios, saxos, and anything else you could afford as a first car. but why the **** would you want one of them anyway