Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where would be the cheapest to get insured on a standard nova at 17?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

black box is a no no and dont think they will fit it to anything pre 2000 anyway try elephant been more than happy with aged 18 had my liscence a year but had no cars on my 1.0l nova 1991 with 5 mods 1200 first year (10 month policy) just had my renewal through which i was gobsmacked by with another 4 or 5 mods on top of last year £671 so would happly recomend

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Josh View Post
    it also limits what time you can use the car between, so you can't use use it between 11 and 6 for instance which is the times all the chavs would be out racing around and you'd be most likely to crash
    So when your mate/other half calls you at half 11 and says they've lost everyone they're with out in town and all the taxis are on a 45min wait, you're stuffed.

I realise first year is expensive but personally I wouldn't be going for anything that clamps down on the freedom/convenience which, besides enjoying it, is the reason I drive anyway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy another car use it for a year and dont crash it would give you one years ncd and try then.

Do they still do the advance driving test thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sport View Post
    Buy another car use it for a year and dont crash it would give you one years ncd and try then.

Do they still do the advance driving test thing?
    it's still a fortune for anything tho, and yes they do the advanced driving test thing still, but they don't really accept the ncb

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stick your parents on as named drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way in hell would I let an insurance company install some black box in my car that monitors my driving let alone can control when it runs.

First year will be expensive, but shouldn't be THAT expensive (you're in a decent postcode area) so as said try adding parents as second drivers which may help a bit. If its a real problem then ditch the Nova in favour of something more insurance friendly, tbh Novas are ridiculously expensive to insure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

£3K+ is about the going rate tbh.

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    No way in hell would I let an insurance company install some black box in my car that monitors my driving let alone can control when it runs.

First year will be expensive, but shouldn't be THAT expensive (you're in a decent postcode area) so as said try adding parents as second drivers which may help a bit. If its a real problem then ditch the Nova in favour of something more insurance friendly, tbh Novas are ridiculously expensive to insure.
    Most young drivers I've spoken to have actually found they're the cheapest cars they can insure a lot of the time, pretty sure they even made it no 3 or 4 on some sort of list of the cheapest cars for new drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My parents put up the insurance when I add them on? Even with no points and everything, and when I look into stuff like 1ltr 106's, it's only a hundred or soo cheaper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
    Most young drivers I've spoken to have actually found they're the cheapest cars they can insure a lot of the time, pretty sure they even made it no 3 or 4 on some sort of list of the cheapest cars for new drivers.
    Other way round for me, they've always worked out quite expensive compared to other stuff for me and my friends, including those a lot younger. Bearing in mind that's insuring a £500 rotter for £3k to a £5000 'new' car for £2500 , IMO that is pretty ridiculous