Thread: How difficult would an install be for my mk1 saloon?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How difficult would an install be for my mk1 saloon?

Hi guys just wondering how i can get some speakers and a head unit in my 85 two door saloon, and how expensive it would be to have done. There is no head unit as standard, it doesn't even look like there's a hole for a head unit to go.. and the door cards don't look like they can even take speakers. Is it possible for me to have any type of install? if so am i guna need to pay through the roof to have it professionally fitted?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The speakers are in the corners of the dashboard, if no player is visable then you must have a blank plate, pretty easy to diy.

Perm live
    Ign Live
    Earth
    Speakers wires

i have just upgraded my 10cm speakers in my dashboard and thats good enough for me only cost £20

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh sweet nice one mate! should be easier than i thought, probably still can't do it myself but at least it won't be that expensive.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As above, but i also had 2 amps running a pair of 6x9s that i put in the parcel shelf and a sub in the boot and the sound quality was brilliant, i only had about £50-£60 quid in parts plus my head unit which came in my old corsa that i took out before selling cos it was probablyworth more than the car

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

front dash speakers are 10cm ( i used vibe) not to bad
    stereo if anything like mine you got no wires and no speaker wirers.... just got build it all up and then lace your own speaker wires through... if you want speakers fit the rear of the saloon look for 4x6's - best speakers i know of Infinity kappa series