Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: k reg mk2 nighthawk black sri soon to be 2.0l 16v (with a bit of luck)

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a bit of an update a year on from taking the car off the road, its back on the road, i wont say its finished as a project is never really finished but its done for now. the last time i updated this i was having trouble with it massively over fueling i fitted a new air flow meter which made it better and fitted a lambda probe as i was running the lambda loom and ecu even tho it is a 20 xe non lambda, this made it driveable and i made a few short trips in it like this, before deciding to tidy up the wiring loom, oh and the pipe i was waiting for from demon tweeks for 3 months finally came!!!

this pic was taken when i had it running well enough to drive it.

since then i took the wiring loom off completely and printed off a wiring diagram for a non lambda setup and found a non lambda ecu to run it on and set about cutting and soldering the loom removing wires not needed (from traction control etc) when doing so i checked the switches and sensors and found that the throttle switch had been adjusted wrong so it was reconising full throttle but not idle also i found another wire incorrectly wired, so now it is all back together and running loverly.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya James long time no speak , wow the the looks amazing mate , all your hard work has really paid off I shall have to pop up and have a look soon hopefully in a nova myself keep up the good work pal top job

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellooo yeah been a while. Your still on the look out for one then? Mines sorn at the minute and at work because the tax was due at the same time as the vxr so want to spread the 2 out a bit because its like £500 to tax them both, at least it will keep the salt off it though i suppose . It also deveoped an electrical fault a couple of days before the tax ran out so that helped make my mind up, i went to the petrol station and it wouldnt turn over so i lifted the bonnet to see if a wire had come off or if the starter was knackered, gave the wires to the starter a tug and thought ill give it another try and it went and was fine for a day or two then it was raining and was standing water at the side of the road which i ran through and it kept cutting out but managed to get it to work and its started and ran fine since, but i suspect that a relay or something is packing up.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But other than that its great. Lol

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah sorry pal been meaning to see how you were doing for a while . Oh right that's a bit of a shame but at least you got to enjoy it for a while after all your hard work before putting her to bed for the winter , yeah I would be keeping the salt off it if it was mine as well , yes still on the look out for another mate I am waiting for a lad I no to text me back with a date to go and see his , it's one I wanted about 13 years ago but was moving into my first house so couldn't afford it so this lad has had it since then and only just agreed to sell it to me so fingers crossed I should have it before Xmas , I shall have to pop up and have a coffee with you and that old man that lives with ya soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That look lovely, well done!

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi again its been a while since ive posted anything but the car has been stored since november, i have done a couple of things to it over the winter, firstly i have have done away with the spax coilovers as they were leaking and knocking away like mad, (i did buy them second hand so to be expected really) and i have replaced them for the cheap and cheerful JOM blue line set ( im guessing that will stir up a debate) i have kept the spax rear shockers as i replaced them new last year so it has the JOM springs all round but spax rear shockers,
    the other thing i haved done which will stir up a second debate is i have done away with the ecu and wiring loom as it was giving me loads of grief towards the end of last year and to be honest it was a bit of bodge job just to get me running so i was never happy with it and looked untidy, and as a result i am in the process of fitting 45 dcoe webers, and so far im pleased with how its coming on and starting to look tidier under the engine bay now i have a few pics below but they are early pics from when i was testing them for size so not the best pics, i will try and put a few more up in the coming months of how its looking now. and hoping to try and get it sorted and back on the road for the end of the month, i cant wait its taken a long time and cost a LOT of money but i feel im getting there now,

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya bud , bloody hell this car just keeps getting better and better mate I love it keep up the good work hopefully by summer I will have another one but till then you'll have to let your dad drive this to work on Saturdays . He was telling me about all your hard work today so thought I'd have a look on here and see what you had been up to , and wow all looking good to me mate :-)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow I bet that makes an awesome note with those 45 carbs who'd need a stereo with those singing, stunnin car btw :-)

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers daz and mr sri, it will sound good we have a kit car that comes in at work with 40's on and that sounds awesome.
    im not very good at the initial set up on carbs though so it runs a bit rough at the min so will probably take it to somewhere with a rolling road that knows about setting them up,
    as for stereo its got a cheap jvc cd player and standard speakers which will do me fine as most of the time the soundtrack will be the engine like you say .