Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: k reg mk2 nighthawk black sri soon to be 2.0l 16v (with a bit of luck)

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at flaming last the engine is fitted, been a farely busy end to the year with the nova, quite a few parts have started going back on, and with some help from my dad today the engine went in. bit of a tight squeeze arent they im glad i decided to take the cambelt cover off tho coz at one stage theres no doubt it would have had the paint off it. only problem now is getting the alterater belt back on, very tight i assume the alternator bracket will need loosening/taking off?

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's looking nice pal, did you sort the reactions? Mine did that too.. I love/hate painting for this reason!

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers, i managed to rub the bit on the strut back and re do it before a laqured it but theres a bit on the chassis leg still, but you cant see it with the engine in. yeah i know what youo mean about love/hate i really enjoyed doing it but was annoyed when it did that . id deffo do more tho, in fact im thinking of doing the sideskirts as the paints all chipped on them, ive been told it could have been the sealer on the welds, but i cant uderstand why the primer was fine, im thinking it was either a drop of diesel of the heater i used to warm the car up that ive missed or i put too much thinners in the paint,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say it was the sealer, mine did the same, pissed me right off.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i think it was, novamaddaz on here was saying that you can get some wipes for cleaning off between coats, i read about them before i started but thought i dont mind a bit of dust in it so itll be fine turns out the dust wasnt the problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the problem with paint, you can key it, prep it, clean it as much as you like but if there is just one thing it doesn't like your ruined. My Td was a pain in the **** with all the layers it has had over the years

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the project is on a bit of a break at the min, the engine is running (in a fasion) and all the wings and bonnet are back on, ive also re-wired all the headlights to xenons properly and they switch off with the ignition too so no more flat batteries . the interior is still out of it which is my next job, as for the engine its still pver fueling a bit but not too the extent it was after playing with a few wires i have a lambda probe coming for it hopefully this will help on that front as at the min it is just looped out, (yeah i know its a 20xe and shouldnt have a lambda anyway but the lad who had it before had trouble with the ecu so he fitted the manifold loom and ecu off a c20xe im tempted to change it back to original but it will do for now untill i can find an ecu and loom.) then i need to get it registered and taxed as a 2l so i can go and give it a proper drive to see how it runs before finishing it off properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove the ecu plug and earth pin 20, that will put the car in none lambda mode! Check the Air flow meter wiring, if it runs better un plugged chance are it will need a new afm, my loom had loads of damaged wires including the cts and afm making her run rich.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh sorry when i said the lambda is looped out thats what i meant ive put that wire to earth, the air flow i had on it was knackered, there was a wire inside it broken and when i pulled the plug off it made no differance so i got a second hand one which has made it run a lot better but still a bit too rich, altho the mixture screw on the air mass has had the blanking cover removed so it could need adjustment but our gas machine at work isnt working at the min so i need to get the car registered and take it to another garage that we use so i can set it up. im still going to fit the lambda tho because i think it will help with the fueling a bit because it will sense if it running too rich and adjust it a bit.