Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone read this!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iam truly gutted for you, iam fuming just reading the posts, I like a lot of people, recon the garage owner is hiding the truth about the damage from you, it's totally shocking behaviour from the owner to treat you in this way mate.
    Seek legal advice and it's good you managed to walk away without resolving to violence !

Iam not sure what else to say mate other than I hope you get it sorted out, but even getting compensation won't help, due to the condition and work that's been put into the car sadly

Iain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd ask them for info of their insurance and go direct; if they're not forthcoming then contact your insurance company, give them the garage name etc and get them on the case. Its what they're there for, and stuff like this which is pretty clear cut not your fault they should enjoy

There's no need for them to drive a car on the test, certainly not fast enough to bash it. The only reason they'd have to drive it is for the brake testing, and that's only if they can't use the rollers (e.g. 4wd, or the car is too low, etc).

Makes me wonder also if an apprentice jumped in it (usually the insurance won't let them!) and the boss man is trying to cover it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sickened!

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My insurance company cant do anything as I wasnt driving!!! And the legal company cant do anything because the garage hasnt reported the accident!!! Im now reporting the accident directly to his insurers to see if they will contact him!!

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBA to read it all.

But try a management company like Kindertons, Europa etc to deal with it, that way you don't have to tell your insurance company anything.
    This happened to my bosses brother, they rear ended someone in his S3 (it was a shed so don't worry ) and they tried to weasel out of it by getting him to claim and they'd pay him the cash etc but he stood firm with some legal letters and they put it through their insurance properly.
    Offer to contact VOSA, the Trading standards and Watchdog if they don't behave.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much is your car valued at?
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flucking outrageous......

Feel for you chap

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for you mate that looked a clean one is it to much to fix mate ?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like already said chap they should not be driving it more then 100 yards or so to take it in and out the garage to test it and especially if they have done no repairs. VOSA is a good shout they will hang his balls on a nail. car shouldnt be driven as quick as it has to cause that damage and the car has breaks and a key to shut it off if throttle or clutch gets stuck. id be contacting his insurers and VOSA and go back and take pictures of the site where it happened and the crane because there will be paint marks etc if that story is true and have a look around the roads near it to see if you can see any damage to anything. good luck lad hope he gets everything he deserves.

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a disgrace, I would tell everyone you know, get the word around and do some damage to his garages reputation. The stinky attitude and immediate claims about your car being at fault just show they are guilty of some dodgy driving, when they ought to be going out of their way to get things right for you.