Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Xe track Nova (pb fixed to page 10)

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    ^ V-tec kicked in.

Is this your management........

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quality.

That was actually a rare track-day at castle combe where you run anti-clockwise. I was going the right way, it was everyone else who had spun out.

Hull, East Yorkshire. Drives: Vectra V6 'rusty bus'
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmfao, ahhh i see, you were h'actually winning and everyone else was failing, i likes it

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much has happened since its last outing. It has simply sat in the shed with millions of flys stuck to the front of it.

I started making plans for the castle combe meeting on 8th sept this week though, and ordered the parts required to rose joint my gear linkage. Im wanting to do this, the rear oil seal and the Quaife box all in one hit, so hopefully the test drive will be like driving a different car.

Parts arrived today, but not happy with the quality of the M12's so sending them back for an upgrade

Then thought i should really sort out some wet wheels to take just incase it pisses down, which it probably will.

Since i painted the comps they have sat in the corner of my living room like this. Which i thought was a perfectly safe way to store them....

But apparently not, because the bottom 2 when pulled out today have a lovely flowery print on them, from the towel, that was ironically supposed to protect them.

Could it get any worse? Yes. The two which had already had the laquer wet sanded were on the bottom and the two that needed doing on top, for obvious reasons. So I have been out in the shed at home this morning very carefully wet sanding them again, and praying that i dont burn through the laquer.

I couldnt get them as perfect as they were, because the actual paint underneath has been inprinted, so even know i can get the laquer flat agin there are still shadows under it.

So, a bit pissed off if im honest. At least it was my own fault though.

I did rush the laquer and in hindsight should have left them a lot longer to harden.

Whilst i was out there i sanded down and G3'd the last 2 wheels as well, so they are now well and truley finished. They probably arent as bad as im making out, so anyone who knows the car come and have a look if you see it anywhere and see if you can spot the flaws.

I sourced 2 nearly new Yok Paradas not so long back so will probably buy 2 new ones to make a set and just use these as wet track wheels now. which is a bit of a shame.

Last edited by Benn; 04-12-17 at 03:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love this car im not keen on big blocks but each to there own good work fella keep it up
    rick

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Paradas in the wet on track. I have them on the Mini and the Nova and think they are terrible in wet conditions.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyb View Post
    i love this car im not keen on big blocks but each to there own good work fella keep it up
    rick
    Thanks. On paper a big block in a nova is a bad idea, But it seems to work well in this. I think the Avo coilovers, LSD and some good tyres are what makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTW View Post
    I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Paradas in the wet on track. I have them on the Mini and the Nova and think they are terrible in wet conditions.
    i have never used them so will let you know. They have to better than the 888's though thats for sure.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wet track wheels have also got parada spec 2 tyres. Not used them yet, but got good reviews. I need a wheel upgrade though as they are tigra 5 spokes so pretty heavy.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightest OE wheels i have came across are the 6 spoke 15" cesaro's i think.

A bit too common for my liking though. These might be up for sale soon.....

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I have got a set of mint powder coated cesaros for the road. I want to get another set to run slicks/track specific tyres on and a third set for wets.

If you have a set of cesaros to sell then let me know!