Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Xe track Nova (pb fixed to page 10)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great on the OZ rims!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    Hmmmm Matthew from cumbria.... Rings a bell. Is it boxed up yet?

I dont suppose on the slight off-chance your Mrs Nova was fitted with the same wheels as those i use on track last year at billing was it?

Hmmmm Matthew from cumbria.... Rings a bell. Is it boxed up yet?

I dont suppose on the slight off-chance your Mrs Nova was fitted with the same wheels as those i use on track last year at billing was it?

[/QUOTE]

thats the one yeah, i also have a set on mine painted black widout the decals, awesome wheels and rare too, pics in my build thread etc.

havnt had time to box it up yet as working long days and when i get home all i want to do is go to sleep , ill get it sorted asap though mate
    Last edited by Benn; 04-12-17 at 03:49 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matthew172 View Post
    thats the one yeah, i also have a set on mine painted black widout the decals, awesome wheels and rare too, pics in my build thread etc.

havnt had time to box it up yet as working long days and when i get home all i want to do is go to sleep , ill get it sorted asap though mate
    No rush. payment is put aside so whenever you are ready. How goods your memory? I came over to talk to you with my Girlfriend. Asked if you wanted to swap them for some et49 comp Mo 16's...... remember? You said you were considering painting the bumpers white so the Oz's might be Over-white-ness, and took my number.

Needless to say i found some. But your right about them being rare in this size... Are yours all et49? I have 7 of them.
    Last edited by 8valve-craig; 04-07-12 at 06:42 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i can remember you now , small world aint it! yeah mine and the mrs's are all et49 super rare id say i have 5 and she has 4, replacement decals are available from highgate house and there identical to originals as i sent the guy measurements off mine to make sure

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed a small world.

Ooooh do you want to sell your spare? will pay lots of monies. would have 2 full sets then

Yeah i looked at highgate house. mine aren't stickers though they are the original screen prints.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the morning off today as i had a guaranteed delivery booked. Been jumping up to the window every time i hear a diesel..... and here it is :D

Opened it straight up like a kid at christmas. Very happy

Looking forward to fitting it, then the test drive, and i need to do the gearbox mount anyway so will be the perfect opportunity.

On another note i collected these last night. All in they stand me at £90, which isnt bad considering they all have around 3mm left. Decided not to fit them to the comps though as i dont want to risk scratching the paint. They would only be on there for a few hundred miles so would be looking at on - off - on agian, which would almost certainly result in some sort of scratch
    Instead im just going to fit them to the oz's and use those on the road for a bit, then buy some new T1r's for the comps and start using the Oz's on track again when these wear down.

Last edited by Benn; 04-12-17 at 03:59 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished early today so decided to tackle the alternator problem. basically it has been running squiffy and wearing out belts in no time. Also far too close to the chassis leg and has been making contact on heavy left handers.

I was hoping to swap it over for this one, which appears to have the pulley further inwards which would solve the problem instantly.

So i started taking it apart, only to find that the alt wont come out without either removing the carbs or the exhaust manifold. So i chose the exhaust and pulled it out from underneath.

In went the new one, only to find that despite the pully location the dimensions were the same so it was exactly as it was before.
    The only option was to make a new alternator lowering bracket with the lower bolt holes offset towards the n/s, thus pulling the belt straight and getting the pulley away from the chassis leg.

When i took off my old 3mm effort, i noticed it had gone out of shape a little, so as i only had 3mm steel for the new one decided to make 2 and double them up.

Trail fitted them to make sure the bolt holes all lined up. 15mm to the block and 13mm to the alt with nuts on the back

Once i was happy refitted it all. Looks to have solved the problem, could have probably got away with a fem more mm to be honest, but im happy for now.

It was now 8pm and i was black so threw in the towel, left it on stands and walked away. No test drive, but i cant really see there being a problem. Got a good 7mm more clearence here now too so can attack the chicanes harder without that horrible noise of metal on metal.

Got the 888's fitted too

Last edited by Benn; 04-12-17 at 04:00 PM.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good Craig!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

Not much of an update, but due to this weeks nice weather I have used the car a couple of times. Took it down to the coast with my other half last saturday night for an evening out. Was a bit weary about leaving it parked up, but it survived, and actually looked quite funny parked amongst normal cars so took a few photo's

Underground car park in bournemouth

Disabled space right outside the restaruant (Disabled 8am - 6pm only)

Then left it in Tower park and did a bit of bowling. Shame about the bush as that wasnt a bad picture

Did about 80m in it that night and took it quite steady with Amy in the car. But Thursday just gone took it to see some family in Cheltenham which is a 150m round trip. Plan was to get it on the rollers at mech motorsport, but i had a few people to see and never got around to it.

Had a right laugh on the way back at about 9pm as the sun was going down. Really quiet roads and some nice clean overtaking. Had a big scare at the Marlbourogh tesco's when i could smell fire. Popped the bonnet and jumped out with the car still rolling only to find out there was nothing wrong, so must have been a tyre on a bonfire or something.

I have however noticed that since fitting the 888's it torque steers a lot more on rough roads. Quite dangerous infact, so before its next outing will be addressing all of the soft bushes, maybe some rose joints and a laser allignment setup.

Some pics i took before putting it away.

Last edited by Benn; 04-12-17 at 04:11 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get that gearbox sorted!