Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Xe track Nova (pb fixed to page 10)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    Kinda looked like this for a while without the cover

Beforehand it was milled, but imo looks pretty bland all one colour

Love the colour coded dizzy cap too , looks fantastic,

Sorry for the thread diversion but can I ask if that's eccentric top mounts being used upside down?
    Is there any issues doing this on a road based car ( I had read before about to much stress on the circlip etc )
    success is only limited by a weak mind

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The circlip's aren't on the top, they're at the bottom where they should be. There's always gonna be a trade off with spherical bushes on a road car and that's the shell now takes the brunt of potholes / airtime.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BRoadGhost

You are really starting to piss me off.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you get pissed off alot dont you...
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not often.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I'm gonna have to repeat myself once again then about what a public message board & forum is about then.

Anyone who posts pictures & comments about work they've done or are planning to do is opening themselves to the mercy of other people's views and or experiences.

It's therefore nieve to ever expect nothing but a clean sweep of congratulations on work you might have thought to be ground breaking / leading.

Fact is anyone could be reading this; you don't know what they've done or experienced. Part of the reason I don't run a project thread is because I don't want it all under the microscope for anyone to look at and evaluate, because for me, that's not what it's about. I can tell you now, the greatest builds come from those who make mistakes, take on board everything they've seen, develop over and over but genuinely don't have an ego because they understand there's almost always something better out there.

I posted what I have done on request and have followed up with an honest critique of where you were heading with it. I don't claim to be anything original or special in things I've done; I spent the time looking at this & bothering to post because I'm sharing my failure(s), for your possible benefit. My rocker doesn't look like that anymore, which is why I advised you on getting it finished professionally because of the work already gone into it.

Maybe it wont last, hopefully it will.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That might just be where the problem lies then. How is anybody going to take your word with anything other than a pinch of salt when you appear to have no data or documented experience to back up your claims?

You are all too quick to poo-poo people's effort's, but I think you may be forgetting that only a small number of build threads on the web are in the hands of experienced race teams or university graduates with extensive knowledge. The reality is that for most of us this is something that we just enjoy in our SPARE time, and actually quite far removed from our day jobs.

So what if an occasional track car cant handle an 8ft high jump on a forest stage, and so what if the filler in the rocker cover cracks. Like you said, you used Chemical metal and that cracked, so is it really necessary to tell someone they must do it again from scratch just to satisfy your own self importance?

I don't have an ego atall, far from it. You will see in many of my posts that I don't claim to be a professional, and by saying what you have about "the greatest builds" you seem to be contradicting yourself, as your previous posts in this thread would imply that the build needs to be perfect in your eyes from day one.

Just leave it out. I don't care for your comments, and I won't value your opinion until I have reason to believe that you know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by 8valve-craig; 17-07-13 at 11:00 PM.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As somebody who has actually met Craig a few times he doesn't have an ego or an attitude in the slightest!!

Just my 2 pence

Craig - you going to retrorides this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul080803 View Post
    As somebody who has actually met Craig a few times he doesn't have an ego or an attitude in the slightest!!
    Seconded

Telling someone that what they've done is basically rubbish and they should start again isn't the way to go about things. By all means advise someone on what they could do and leave it at that.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just a prime example of why I stayed away from posting for years.

People don't wanna discuss openly and share ideas or experiences, they just want to throw what they've done at others and only get praise.