Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Xe track Nova (pb fixed to page 10)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This needs updating anyway.

.................................................. .........

Internal brakes and clutch done in hardpipe

Pressure switch take off

Bought an unpainted GSi bumper to match the skirts and cut rear.

Finished internal brake / clutch plumbing and secured the pedal's

Shifter and a mint handbrake fitted (old one accidently got painted with the shell).

Dash and modified loom trial fitted

Extinguisher in. (still needs plumbing and 2x pull cords though)

Warning light panel wired just incase I decide to get it MOT'd

Full bench test on the loom

And relocated fog / hazards, along with an MSA isolator (to be turned 180deg)

That's about it for now. I have been working on a new steel bonnet for something a little different, and fitted the Uno wiper motor today which works well. All fuel system is on order and the oil system will hopefully be done by the end of this month, so getting close to having a running car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's looking grate !!! Real weapon looking .

i like the Pressure switch take off , we're did that come from .?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all looking very business like ; would you change the blue gear knob to another colour?

Yeah just a glorified thick steel washer if you like, welded in. It does then alarmingly tighten up the column until you oil it & spend a while spinning the wheel round.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love love love. Everythings looking great.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Club Member Club Member TallDave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent toooo many hours going through this thread, so many good ideas (like moving the handbrake back), and making space for the pedal box, all very useful as I try to figure out how to make space for my lanky 2m frame! As a result I have been making copious notes for my own car build. Brilliant stuff, only challenged by Tomfromdelmonte's rally car build.

Parts wise I'm liking the use of the rear brakes from a Corsa C, I don't suppose you have a spare set of donor parts in your store that you'd like to sell? I travel up to Salisbury every week so collection shouldn't be an issue, indeed it will be a pleasure as I might get to see your car in the flesh.

3 1/2 rods.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it you had some luck with that front bumper then ? Glad to see it's going to get some good use

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallDave View Post
    Spent toooo many hours going through this thread, so many good ideas (like moving the handbrake back), and making space for the pedal box, all very useful as I try to figure out how to make space for my lanky 2m frame! As a result I have been making copious notes for my own car build. Brilliant stuff, only challenged by Tomfromdelmonte's rally car build.

Parts wise I'm liking the use of the rear brakes from a Corsa C, I don't suppose you have a spare set of donor parts in your store that you'd like to sell? I travel up to Salisbury every week so collection shouldn't be an issue, indeed it will be a pleasure as I might get to see your car in the flesh.
    Thanks for the compliment. If i started again i would still do things differently though. I have a complete rear beam here off an 1800 Corsa C. You wouldnt need it all, but it is for sale yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I take it you had some luck with that front bumper then ? Glad to see it's going to get some good use
    Ah Nick, Hi. Yes it went back into shape relatively easily. To be honest i felt quite bad, but as you will understand it was a gamble. There was a broken off bolt in one of the L brackets too which was an ass to get out, so i still had to fight for it a little bit. If i see you about in the summer il buy you an ice-cream.

.................................................. ...........................

A little more progress. Got the catch tank mounted under the bodies. Fitted nicely on the old clutch cable plate which I blanked off.

Made a mock oil cooler so I could make sure it would fit where I wanted it. (Mocal 16row 234mm)

And got the wiper motor mounted up.

That's all for now. Got a deadline now though so doing as much as I can.
    Last edited by 8valve-craig; 19-04-14 at 07:01 PM.

3 1/2 rods.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. If i started again i would still do things differently though. I have a complete rear beam here off an 1800 Corsa C. You wouldnt need it all, but it is for sale yes.

Ah Nick, Hi. Yes it went back into shape relatively easily. To be honest i felt quite bad, but as you will understand it was a gamble. There was a broken off bolt in one of the L brackets too which was an ass to get out, so i still had to fight for it a little bit. If i see you about in the summer il buy you an ice-cream.

.................................................. ...........................

A little more progress. Got the catch tank mounted under the bodies. Fitted nicely on the old clutch cable plate which I blanked off.

Made a mock oil cooler so I could make sure it would fit where I wanted it. (Mocal 16row 234mm)

And got the wiper motor mounted up.

That's all for now. Got a deadline now though so doing as much as I can.
    A deal is a deal .. Glad it was usable and out of principal i'd rather have let it go for the money it did and get to see it on a car of this quality than see it on a pile of rubbish .

Ill have a 99 flake

Club Member Club Member TallDave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pleasure.

I know what you mean, as soon as you think you know it all is the time to stop, still practice makes perfect they say...

How much do you want for the 1800 Corsa C rear beam bits, feel free to PM me.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevster View Post
    That's looking grate !!! Real weapon looking .

i like the Pressure switch take off , we're did that come from .?
    Its just a 4 way tee. I needed 3 way anyway to get into the front brakes, so inverting a 4 way meant I cound mount the pressure switch in the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    It's all looking very business like ; would you change the blue gear knob to another colour?

Yeah just a glorified thick steel washer if you like, welded in. It does then alarmingly tighten up the column until you oil it & spend a while spinning the wheel round.
    I like the gear knob's height. Could buy a Quaife one but they are stubby. Blue wouldn't be my first choice, but it will do for now and I may drop it in the oven cleaner one day and get it re-annodised. I'l have a measure and maybe see what my bearing man can offer for the steering column.

.................................................. ....................

This weekends progress, a wiring loom.

Got it all fitted and routed. I'm waiting on some of the proper loom ties for behind the dash and the N/S sill.