Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig's Xe track Nova (pb fixed to page 10)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a short video from the weekend. Despite the DNF it was a great day. I qualified on the front row with a 1:14.2 then went on to get a crap start and break the car on lap 4 of the race. Not so fussed about that though, it was good to weigh it up against the opposition ready for next year.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good going Craig, how did the new engine compare with the old one?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toymex View Post
    Good going Craig, how did the new engine compare with the old one?
    Thanks Jez, The new motor is brilliant with plenty of power and torque. The old one was good enough to get me going but it just needed a bit more ooomfh.

The little Nova see's off that Astra (which is near 300hp) pretty easily now which was the plan. It's all getting a bit serious out there now though and there are some very quick cars turning up. Next year should be fun.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    Thanks Jez, The new motor is brilliant with plenty of power and torque. The old one was good enough to get me going but it just needed a bit more ooomfh.

The little Nova see's off that Astra (which is near 300hp) pretty easily now which was the plan. It's all getting a bit serious out there now though and there are some very quick cars turning up. Next year should be fun.
    Sounds exciting,should be some close racing,just a shame it's all at the same circuit

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car is looking really quick, shame about the start but you made some places up quickly, that green 205 did not want to let you past though haha.
    Any idea what went wrong?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't really studied video properly; just watched it quietly at work - what's happened to knock your steering wheel out of alignment?

Things do seem to be getting faster & faster & faster in that environment!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the YouTube video and there is an solution for the shifting probs...

http://www.shop.cae-racing.de/index.php?a=31&lang=eng

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    Haven't really studied video properly; just watched it quietly at work - what's happened to knock your steering wheel out of alignment?

Things do seem to be getting faster & faster & faster in that environment!
    I did two qualifying sessions before the race, I am having trouble stopping the rack moving in its clamps. All in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by prs View Post
    Just watched the YouTube video and there is an solution for the shifting probs...

http://www.shop.cae-racing.de/index.php?a=31&lang=eng
    Before I buy a CAE are you sure that speeding up the shift will solve the problem on my Synchro box?

Have you got any footage of yours being used in a race environment on a synchro box?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    I did two qualifying sessions before the race, I am having trouble stopping the rack moving in its clamps. All in hand.

Before I buy a CAE are you sure that speeding up the shift will solve the problem on my Synchro box?

Have you got any footage of yours being used in a race environment on a synchro box?
    look at the smiley mate . a cae is an great improvement over the quaife/hockley style shifter but the gearbox is the first thing you should look at.. the syncro boxes doesn't like to shift over 7500/8000rpm(syncro's can't hold up) and thats where the power is at with an NA engine..
    other side of the story, you couldn't get the gearbox in any gear when you retired the race. could you shift when you started the car back up again?

only footage of my car is this:

few notes: this video was of the previous owner and i don't know if the cae shifter was in the car at any off these points.. i know he was using an quaife sccr gearbox..

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can only add 1 vid. per post: