Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help need with headunit in mk2 nova

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jon_nova1 I reckon your right on the "not actually leadin to speaker" .. I have a feelin it was used as a substitute wire to get power or use of summat else tbh

gonna test the perm live behind glovebox with my cacky testing tool

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the red wires behind the glove box will have live to them, its straight from the battery there, if it has no live you wouldn't get live in the car, just get your dodgy speaker wire and connect it to a red wire behind the glove box and to the permanent live on the head unit

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorted stereo is in and working .. I took the glovebox out and poked around at the reds and even behind centre vent/clock/hazard .. Then my lil tester light lit up stereo is ok nothin like a full system only got dash speakers but it will get there in time.

That dodgy goldish bugger is behind glovebox and appears to be part of the wiring, oddly enough o_O mega confused me, I do believe its been attached to 2 black wires .. The end thats loose is in engine bay in the passenger corner where loom comes out bulkhead area and into the bay, but cant see for life of me where it was connected. Its fraid so it hasnt been crimped into place just cut, twisted nd spliced into summat

Half dash is still out and loose so will poke about and follow it along see what and where the other goes too then might have a clue where to put it back in the bay

Cheers for the stereo wiring info .. Was a great help can listen to music and work now