Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help please with vehicle write off info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help please with vehicle write off info.

about a month ago someone crashed into my dads mondeo the insuranc was informed they took the car then wrote it off due to uneconomical repair, then when he agreed to the offer they said and he got the car back he was told he could drive it home they didnt say anythin about what cat write off it was. so since then ive done a deal and now own the car ive sent the log book off (4 or 5 days ago) but now hes recieved an email saying

Our Claim Reference: *********
    Date of Incident: 12 May 2012
    This letter is in regards to your recent claim. As your vehicle has been declared a Total Loss/Uneconomical To Repair, the following should be completed.
    If you aren’t keeping the salvage of the vehicle, please fill out Section 9 of your V5 Certificate with our Salvage Companies’ details, and send this to the DVLA.
    The rest of the V5 Certificate should be sent to the Salvage Company
    directly.
    If you have decided to keep the salvage of the vehicle, we advise to declare your vehicle as SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) this can be done online (http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/) or by phone (0300 123 4321). You will need details from your V5 Certificate to do this.
    If you want to claim Tax back on your vehicle you need to complete a V14 application form and send it to the DVLA. This can be found at your nearest Post Office.
    If you don’t have your tax disc, you will need to complete a V33 application form instead. This is only available by calling the DVLA Customer Enquiries line on 0300 790 6802 or from a local DVLA Office.
    If your vehicle has a Private Plate and you would like to retain it, then please advise us within 10 days of the date of this letter. You must obtain either a V317 form, which is to transfer a vehicle registration number onto a new vehicle. The current cost of this is approximately £80.00. Alternatively you can complete the V778/1 form to place the registration number on retention. The current cost of this is approximately £105.00. These forms are available from your local Post Office.
    Please also send in your Certificate of Motor Insurance directly to us at:
    admiral

Please write your Claim Reference number on the Certificate of Motor Insurance.
    Sending us your Certificate of Motor Insurance is a condition of the settlement and a legal requirement.
    Salvage Companies’ details:
    Copart
    Acery Fields
    Woburn Road
    Wotton
    Bedfordshire
    MK43 9EK
    Please note that it is illegal to be the registered keeper of a car and not have a live and valid insurance on the car - failure to do this could result in a £100 fine, which you will be responsible for.
    Yours sincerely

Helen Leigh
    CLAIMS DEPARTMENT

so this then changed my mind and i now think it might be a cat c what would you do?
    im not yet driving the car as was waiting for the log book
    i dont know whether to just book a vic check anyway????
    heres a couple of pics of the damage.

regards rick

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a free vehicle enquiry on DVLA car tax check website - this shows if a car needs a VIC check. If so, that damage wont cause it to fail a VIC - they are only to confirm a vehicles identity/to ensure its not a ringer!

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/Ev...execution=e1s1

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that sent from the DVLA? if it wasn't i wouldn't worry about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah ive done that

Public services all in one place

Services provided by DVLA:

Vehicle enquiry

The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for LT51 WJO are:
    Date of Liability01 11 2012Date of First Registration05 09 2001Year of Manufacture2001Cylinder Capacity (cc)1998ccCO2 Emissions159g/KmFuel TypeHEAVY OILExport MarkerNVehicle StatusLicence Not DueVehicle ColourREDVehicle Type ApprovalM1Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle6 Months Rate£93.5012 Months Rate£170.00Please be aware that if the vehicle has recently been relicensed or a SORN declared, these details may not yet be updated on the vehicle record.
    If you think that the details on the vehicle record are incorrect please write to:VCSDVLASwanseaSA99 1BAPlease include the incorrect V5C Registration Certificate for amendment.
    To make another enquiry go to Vehicle Enquiry

ive also done a my car check text check thing and that says:-
    we have no record of LT51WJO being subject to a total loss claim by insurers.
    Help 08444821954

but that email says otherwise im just not sure i think it might take a while to go on the database etc
    rick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_nova1 View Post
    Was that sent from the DVLA? if it wasn't i wouldn't worry about it
    it was sent by my dads insurance compony.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive just checked the askmid site and its showing as no insurance.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had something similar with the VX, was told it was total loss and told to inform the dvla.... I called vosa and they said the car wasn't a CAT registered car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyb View Post
    ive just checked the askmid site and its showing as no insurance.
    Did the insurance pay out due to claim? If so, they will cancel the policy as in there eyes its a total loss, ergo nowt left of the car to insure so they end policy.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just for a bit of info as long as that dented door opens it'll pass VIC anyways?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they payed out but it's a non fault claim.
    And I know the vic check will pass as its only an ID check but I've got a door for it so il be sticking it on.
    I'm just gettin frustrated as I just want to use it because it's a mint driver but don't want to get pulled and done etc
    Think il ring dvla tomoz