Thread: Novavan

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had some new number plates made up with the Vauxhall griffin on

I've yet to remove a mk2 headlight without breaking the clip but I did have several spare

I fitted these back on the van and it does look a lot smarter

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next was the wheels, it had 14 steels on when I bought it and there still on there. I think the best looking alloy on a nova is the speedline alessios 2 16inch but these always seem to be very expensive even second hand so I went for my second favourite alloys. The good old cav slabs
    I bought a set that had been powdercoated in white and bought some center caps then sprayed those white. Its not the same white but you have to get really near to notice the difference in colour. The van has been lowered a bit but its not exactly sitting on the floor as its going to be my daily driver so I fitted 195/50 Toyo Proxes instead of 195/45's

What a difference alloys make to a car, before:

And after:

While I had the offside front wheel off i got it up on axle stands to fit this two pin oil pressure sender unit so my oil pressure gauge will now work on my digital dash instead of reading max all the time.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This vans starting to take root now, so im going to pull my finger out and I now hope to have it on the road for late summer although I have said that for the last few years!!

I removed the digital dash because although the speedo, rev counter etc worked things like the indicators, ful beam etc didn't even though all the bulbs were ok and the wiring was a bit of a mess so I got it out and wired it in properly and fitted it back as neat as I could

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I had the wheel off I added some new corsa b stalks to modernise it a bit

I wanted to keep the momo steering wheel but had a nightmare trying to get the horn to earth, even an autoelectrican couldn't do it so I had to wire in a separate switch for the horn but it kept getting stuck on so I lost my temper with it and fitted the a 3 spoke wheel with GSi horn push and found some mk2 steering column shrouds from the garage which I also fitted.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The heater was a bit hit and miss, low speed didn't work and the middle speed sometimes worked. I had a play around with the resistor but ended up buying a nice new one, not the cheapest thing but at least I wont have any problems with it and it wont keep squeaking either everytime i put the blower on!

The cover that goes over the heater, the scuttle panel i think its called was missing so after much searching i got one and it even had the little block thing that goes on top of it. I gave it a clean up and fitted that. Stuff like this seems to be so hard to find now in good condition!!

The coolant was a bit mucky so i flushed it through but some of the hoses looked a bit perished so i treated the van to new ones, i was only going to buy cooling hoses but i went a bit mad and bought breather ones as well. Luckily i wanted blue to match the van colour and this seems to be the standard colour for most manufactures!

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The van was missing the bulkhead behind the seats, i thought about trying to source one but i doubt theres many novavans being broken so i made my own up. I wasn't going to fit one but everytime i braked i didn't want stuff in the back flying into the seats.

We had some moisture resistant MDF at work so i cut that to size and primed it then glossed it with oil based black gloss so its quite hard wearing.

I then got some L brackets and bolted it all up in place.

If theres enough MDF left over im going to try and make a small shelf on it as well.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I bought the van it had poverty spec mk2 door cards in that had seen better days, so I wanted to fit something a bit nicer. I went for the blue/grey SR/SRi ones. I managed to find two sets but unfortunately they had both been molested. One set had holes for window winders and the other big speaker holes

As the van now has electric windows I had to fit the ones with the speaker holes so I ran some speaker cable from the back of the headunit into the doors and then bought these 6inch fli speakers. I had fli on one of my other novas, there not the best you can buy but they sound ok for the money and look pretty smart when fitted

I gave the door cards a good clean and fitted them both!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top work mate looks great

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chadders View Post
    Top work mate looks great
    Thanks mate, its slowly coming along

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got round to fitting my new hoses, the only one I didn't have was the 3 way which goes into the inlet manifold but as you can buy this one on its own I thought it would be rude of me not to buy this one as well.