Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Novavan

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make it easier fitting the 3 way hose I removed the inlet manifold, the throttle body was also removed, standard size for these are 64mm so I sent it off to be machined out to 68mm

Before:

After:

While I had the inlet manifold off I carefully enlarged the opening where the throttle body sits so it matches up to the work that had been carried out on the throttle body.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I removed the fuel rail and took out the 4 injectors, I had these tested and they came back with a clean bill of health so I then had them ultrasonic cleaned

The fuel hoses to the fuel rail looked like they had seen better days so I replaced them to be on the safe side

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After I had fitted my hoses I then assembled it all back together with a new inlet manifold and throttle body gasket

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great project mate. Have you still got the other pair of door cards you didn't fit?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This project has come to a bit of a stand still although I have been tinkering with my other nova as well (83 xe)
    Here it is a few years back with my old GTE and mk2 trip.

Anyways back to the van, as it had been sat for a while I gave it a full service, I know a lot of people use GM oil but it does seem to be expensive so I use Castrol GTX magnatec although I always use GM filters. I always put in an engine flush before and an oil additive after

My other xe seems to run better when I fitted NGK iridium plugs so I fitted 4 of those and treated it to some new HT leads as they had seen better days

The induction kit was filthy so I bought a K&N filter cleaning kit and cleaned it twice

I also changed the fuel filter (didn't take a picture of that as it isn't very interesting )
    Last edited by andyredtop83; 09-07-16 at 03:18 PM.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fitted the cleaned induction kit back and fitted a new blue hose from the induction kit to the AFM to match all the other blue hoses

I think some people call this a doughnut but where the AFM joins to the powercap/airbox mine had started to split but I found LMF Vauxhall had some new GM ones in stock so I bought one of those as well.

Few other goodies I bought, a new shiny exhaust manifold heat shield

Also was looking on ebay and found you can still buy new mk2 indicators. I bought both for £16 the pair and they were Lucas. I like fitting new parts when I can even better when there good quality and fairly cheap!

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started tinkering with this again. Made a shelf up in MDF, glossed it black and fitted it in with blue carpet tiles to match the rest of the back of the van.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The van had been lowered before I bought it (not sure how much, looks about 30mm) I wanted it sitting lower though and the shocks looked old so I bought a Bilstein suspension kit (shocks and springs). This lowers 60mm at the front and 40mm at the rear so the van sits a lot nicer now

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fitted the front suspension back with new top mounts, support bearings and bump stops

I also wired brushed under the wheel arches and sprayed them all with spray on underseal

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I was doing the nearside rear I noticed the rubber exhaust hanger was perishing so I changed all 3 for poly ones