Thread: hi folks - newbie here with a nova loon project

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hi folks - newbie here with a nova loon project

just bought a fern green loon 3dr for my lad for his 19th (4th june) planning on coilovers to get the car looking low but done properly!
    the car has had new back arches and some body work done to the sides and full lower half respray - we just need to t-cut the roof / bonnet and boot to get it looking mint!

not wanting any performance power upgrades just want to get in on the road safely
    speaking of which this is what we found when we jacked the car up to change the exhaust - i thought the ride was a bit hard driving back from Leeds and looked a bit low!
    the guy i had bought if off had cut springs in half & they dropped out when it was jacked up to do some work on it - gulp! Didn't know it was that bad otherwise i wouldn't have driven it home!

car stuck in local garage with a mechanics pal of mine so as not to move it again until new suspension is fitted
    had thought about keeping it like this on blocks of wood for that dragster look and pose!

yippee first bits arrived today! mmmm shiny!
    get these to my mechanic pal on monday and hopefully if we don't get any nasty surprises or have to spend too much time beefing up turrets or lower brackets i might be able to get the car home

car needed a new thermostat as it wasn't opening and closing but then found out where it was once i had got it to my mechanic pal so we have cam belt kit done (at least it is a job out of the way)
    next week off to another mechanic pal for some tinkering and full full service!
    does any one know just by looking at the steels it has on - will they take 175's?
    it needs 3 new tyres so instead of putting more 145's we thought about going wider as at some point my lad wants banded steels so new wider tyres would go on those?
    i will take some more pics this week once it's mobile and at my other mates lock up so i can pics of it up on the ramp
    some more pics of body work and welding

under the bonnet

exterior

bit of the inside
    Last edited by bobon; 10-06-12 at 06:25 PM.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap coilovers on Ebay dude, but you pay for what you get....
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No nova pics?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only had these pics and thought they were a "bit" relevant as vauxhall related so the thread didn't look Too empty for now!
    i will take & then put up some pics when i visit the garage where its currently stored at this weekend as i hope the coil overs arrive by then so we can get in on the road?
    i have had to have the cambelt done as the thermostat was knacked and i didn't know it was behind the housing (but i suppose it's a job out of the way!
    looking forward to putting new tyres on the old steel rims so changing the 145's for 175's and hope they don't catch once lowered?
    chat more at weekend folks.