Thread: whats pissed you off today?

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnAzzopardi View Post
    I've come to terms that I might need to go talk to a shrink or something about this depression I'm going through. My sleeping schedule is out of whack and I'm eating every 4 days or so.

Genuinely, yesterday I got up at 3 in the morning after giving up on sleep, left for work at 6:30, got home around 3:30, went out at 9 and got home around 3. Slept around 3:20 and got up around 3:40 or so. After 24 hours of being awake, I slept for 20 minutes. Feels like I'm a zombie right now, to be honest. I'm so tired, my eyes are doing nothing but burning.
    Do you do any exercise? it might help get you into a better sleeping routine, and make you feel better about yourself generally too.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul james View Post
    Do you do any exercise? it might help get you into a better sleeping routine, and make you feel better about yourself generally too.
    This might sound like excused, but genuinely almost no time for me to exercise, and especially in this heat. Maybe as the colder weather starts rolling around and school starts, I might have a bit more time on my hands and might start going for runs or something. I am taking some sleep controllers, but it'll take a couple weeks for them to build up in my system.

I've tried changing my diet and the whole 9 yards. I'm too young to be prescribed proper sleeping pills and all that jazz.

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to exercise, anything is better than nothing I think. If you set silly goals like running a marathon straight away your more likely to get fed up with it as thats a big commitment of time and energy. I tend to fit it in where I can, go on short runs often, do sit ups between doing other things. I tend to run a mile quickly and do that several times a week. It doesn't take long to run a mile, I generally do it in about 6 minutes, easy to fit that in the day or night.
    Exercise certainly makes me feel better, like I'm accomplishing something as well as the 'natural high' the body releases from doing it. It takes my mind off having a low paid dead end job and no nice lady in my life, and when I do meet a nice girl I'll be in decent shape too!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spending the last few days wire brushing the underside of the Nova, seam sealing and finally painting it only for it to react. Oh well time to start again, it's only time and money wasted.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tablets aren't the answer.theyre as bad as illegal drugs,they're just more socially acceptable.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze some gear up, that'll help you sleep

Club Member Club Member nova_niek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Niek, are your police very polite?
    Yes, in my case they always are. Approach them friendly (grovel like hell, act humble and that) and they fine you with a smile on their faces.
    One day I'll start a build thread. One day...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watts linkage failing on my Land Rover only 1year after a brand new one was fitted,damaging my pocket 150quid.
    im fucked if I'm paying that again for a box of scrap
    and having 6or so weeks to sort out some storage for all my tools grasser and trailer as losing my garage.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding out that the guy who bought the Nova off of me, is selling it for 4 times the price AFTER he's crashed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnAzzopardi View Post
    Finding out that the guy who bought the Nova off of me, is selling it for 4 times the price AFTER he's crashed it.
    Gutted, could be worse though, I sold one of the best cars i owned/built and it's not moved an inch since.