Page 3 of 608 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: whats pissed you off today?

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woman drivers.

I have plenty of examples of them being exceptionally stupid.

Like today, I nearly get taken out by a woman driving a pisrat estate coming out onto a roundabout right in front of me. I wouldn't mind but you have to give way to the right... Good job my brakes work otherwise she would have got a facefull of my grill... She got swore at quite profusely...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a while back i was carrying a large box thru a doorway into an office & these really fat bruisers (female) were coming the other way, and got all upset, as i turned my back to the door, used my elbow to open the latch, and turned round, pushing the door open.... one says to the other 'what ever happened to ladies first?' so i replied, 'you got the vote'

Sorry, need to get milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What annoyed me today....

Fitted a replacement starter to the FTO.

Started up car to hear some rattly crap around the bell housing.
    Flywheel has all its teeth so nothing wrong there but felt vibrations through the clutch pedal.
    Turned it off and pumped the pedal.
    Turned it back on to more rattling... then all of a sudden rattling gone and a smooth sounding engine.
    Put it in first and drove forwards, put it in reverse and drove backwards.

Sweet I thought, sure there's probably bits of clutch or summot else kicking around in the bottom of the bell housing but at least the engine isn't wrecked.

Crap, was that smoke coming from the dash... ****, yes it is.

Sooooooooooo my noob mistake is really starting to piss me off.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't cycle myself but if I did, I'd be riding on the middle of the lane I was using. Iirc it doesn't actually say much in the highway code about road positioning on a bicycle ( although I stand corrected if I'm wrong ). Start to treat cyclist with the same respect you'd treat motorbike-ists, assuming of course you don't try to intimidate them when overtaking by pushing them into the kerb. I imagine most cyclists own at least one car, which is irrelevant anyway as car tax has fcuk all to do with the roads. Do you scream at people with tax exempt vehicles or motorists who pay less tax each year than you?

Also from my recollections of a bike being pretty much hanging out my hole to the age of around 15/16, riding a bike at the very edge of the road with no suspension, and through the mountains of rubbish/bottles/car debris/wheel trims etc etc is not very safe nor pleasant. The closer a bike is to the kerb the less likely you will be able to steer.

So rather than be a dangerous driver and end up getting yourself into any bother, calm down, treat cyclists like all other road users and give them plenty of space. Ok, you may be 30 seconds later on your journey, but you'll not give your self a heart attack and both you and car will arrive safe and in one piece.

Edit- sorry for the essay, and of course some cyclists are absolute cnuts that don't pay enough attention to vehicles around them.

Sorry, need to get milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When cyclists pay insurance I'll give them the above respect.

A mate of mine had a knob head 16 year old boy ride out in front of him the other day.
    No one was killed but his car is badly damaged and guess who has to pay to fix it.... he does.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know cyclists have no insurance..... one of several reasons why I tend to give them plenty of room if I'm getting the bill for a mistake caused by me or them.

There would be a whole lot less accidents and insurance claims if everyone on the road would calm down.... What ever happened to care and consideration to all other road users.

Sorry, need to get milk!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steviegsi View Post
    There would be a whole lot less accidents and insurance claims if everyone on the road would calm down.... What ever happened to care and consideration to all other road users.
    Agree with that completely.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclists do pay road tax though - that all comes from general taxation, car drivers pay ved. But do agree with the insurance aspect.

Oh and nothing's pissed me off today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing has pissed me off today yet but im sure summit will end up grinding my gears

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im no lycra cladded biker , but when me and my mates go for a ride, we have to take up at least half the road, otherwise people treat like where not there and skim you at like 40 mph, sometimes by only a few cm, which is dangerous as fook, at least if your in the middle of the lane, they have to carry out a overtaking procedure. Not like we have a choice, the local plod hand out £30 fines if your using the pathway, so its a lose lose situation, cant be on the road or on the path . Not saying that all cyclists are good, as there are a fair share of c0cks especially the ones wearing lycra condom suits , but just saying, abit of patience doesn't kill anyone, impatience does.