Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 6071

Thread: whats pissed you off today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Is the yacht more expensive though? Bit like trains are dull as fuck but they cost a butt load more than an Italian supercar
    Yea way more expensive, just doing the hydrofoils for one. 200kg each, 188 plys of carbon, finish about 4" thick with rohacell foams. Big clunky shit things. Hate boat work.

Monies the same as its for the same firm. Was building Renault F1 front wings last, now doing this tripe

F1 and LMP builds are great for both money & total lack of monotony, 20 of each component if your lucky. From whole wings down to daft tiny brackets, oil and air pressure pipes & even the pedals. Ive literally made it all.
    Last edited by Mike; 25-08-16 at 10:16 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rang the body shop to to get a progress report on the nova to find he hasn't touched it this week . Had it 5 weeks now and done not much more than a weeks work on it. Seriously f#cked off

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cracked my blue top tint screen removing it. Well pissed off!!!

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tricky to remove a windscreen without damaging it, bad luck!
    Best way is to cut the seal and get a replacement one to stick in when putting the screen back in. After all the seals are the same on every nova, but the top tint screens aren't as common.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Was building Renault F1 front wings last, now doing this tripe

http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/he...sen-crash.html

Guessing you might be getting a call again soon Mike!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna see workshop pics.iv been to a motorcycle race team workshop and that is a ridiculously brilliant place

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/he...sen-crash.html

Guessing you might be getting a call again soon Mike!!!
    Its a very up an down business. Can go from pulling 18hr days one week to 5hr days the next week. Like yourself, im a director of a Ltd business, an with such an up/down line of work i have to make hay when the sun shines, mostly winter time & the aftermath of big shunts like yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I wanna see workshop pics.iv been to a motorcycle race team workshop and that is a ridiculously brilliant place
    There great places to be! The LMP1 car i built up in germany, that was a blast, them cars were built with rock & roll by a great bunch of "englanders" an Germans pulling daft hours throughout a horrendous winter!

Buy as fun as the race bays can be, PAYE on a team aint all that, 40k salary at best, working away from home in digs at own cost, doing continental shifts, 2 weeks off in the slow summer, all nighters in the build season which is normally a 4 week slot to build 2 cars....

Altho it is fun spotting people i know on tv in the pit lane, id rather stay a subby & pick an choose where i work an when.
    Last edited by Mike; 29-08-16 at 08:48 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Its a very up an down business. Can go from pulling 18hr days one week to 5hr days the next week. Like yourself, im a director of a Ltd business, an with such an up/down line of work i have to make hay when the sun shines, mostly winter time & the aftermath of big shunts like yesterday
    Is that a lift fitter joke?!? It's all up and down in my business!!!

I love being a subby!! Would never ever go back to being employed!!

So how would that work Mike?! You get a call and they need some gear. You go to their works and build stuff or they send you plans and you build off site in your own premises?! I'm guessing if that's so you must have to sign something huge regarding confidentiality?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Is that a lift fitter joke?!? It's all up and down in my business!!!

I love being a subby!! Would never ever go back to being employed!!

So how would that work Mike?! You get a call and they need some gear. You go to their works and build stuff or they send you plans and you build off site in your own premises?! I'm guessing if that's so you must have to sign something huge regarding confidentiality?!?
    It was no pun intended

Same, i would never bother going back paye now, that £15 to incorporate a ltd business was the best 15 quid i ever spent!

I work labour only, so only invoicing xyz amount of hours per week to the client at an agreed rate +vat. They supply matierials, they take care of patterns, jigs, fittings etc. I just rock up with a well stocked selection of air tools and a respirator basically. Just so happens that where i am at the minute, they have kept me busy for the last 18months at there premises.

There are a load of composite companies out there that F1, Endurance, OEMs etc sub contract work too, in turn they need guys with the motorsport composite skills to help them fulfill those contracts. Im one of those guys

A guy i used to work with, ex Prost/Sauber/Porsche LMP/BMW DTM & currently Manor pit crew, has the same idea as me, start our own firm supplying teams. Eventually we'll have the capital between us to do it i hope.

Theres huge amounts of confidentiality crap i have to sign no photos, no talking about it etc etc. Its all BS basically.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come to terms that I might need to go talk to a shrink or something about this depression I'm going through. My sleeping schedule is out of whack and I'm eating every 4 days or so.

Genuinely, yesterday I got up at 3 in the morning after giving up on sleep, left for work at 6:30, got home around 3:30, went out at 9 and got home around 3. Slept around 3:20 and got up around 3:40 or so. After 24 hours of being awake, I slept for 20 minutes. Feels like I'm a zombie right now, to be honest. I'm so tired, my eyes are doing nothing but burning.