Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My mk1 Nova Hatch

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well just been relieved of £490 for insurance! does that sound reasonable for a 22yr old??

work is still being carried out on the body, I'm crossing everything it will get through the MOT ok!
    Last edited by chris862; 30-07-12 at 03:39 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a bit of nova premonition on wednesday when this lovely jamaica yellow (I think) SR on Dplate! pulled out infront of me n Dad in Bedford

Anyway, Shes back from welding, MOT on monday, wish me luck!
    some Pics

new sill

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice little car and good luck with the MOT, just out of intrest how much was insurance on capri?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brocky View Post
    nice little car and good luck with the MOT, just out of intrest how much was insurance on capri?
    Cheers Brocky! about the same tbh, hopefully will get the capri back on the road soon

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PASS!

well chuffed! time to start enjoying some 80's vauxhall motoring!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done my first long trip today, over 100miles, all fine until I went up a steep hill and when I reached the top to park up the top end started knocking! seemed to be coming from under the cam cover, oil starvation from the angleof the hill perhaps? or the strain of the hill? switched her off, started up again.. not knocking now, bit concerned

Atleast I found another one to park next to!

Chris

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate, thats a cracking story... How great that its been with you and your family for so long... Many people ask me why i have my nova when i have had many vauxhalls ranging from corsa b, a brand new corsa c and an astra g sxi (cars other people see as more desireable)... It was because i loved my 2nd car... A nova 1.2 merit... Nice to see other people out there who realise like me that sentimental value can over rule ££ value... Keep up the good work chief

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same knocking with mine, mine was a 1.0 ohv though, it had been sat 8 years, when i got it on the road after a few weeks going up inclines it would knock and rattle on the top end, changed the oil and filer and it went away, i should have done it straight away been sat that long but i was more bothered about driving it. Maybe something to think about? but both nova and capri look awesome.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydey36 View Post
    Mate, thats a cracking story... How great that its been with you and your family for so long... Many people ask me why i have my nova when i have had many vauxhalls ranging from corsa b, a brand new corsa c and an astra g sxi (cars other people see as more desireable)... It was because i loved my 2nd car... A nova 1.2 merit... Nice to see other people out there who realise like me that sentimental value can over rule ££ value... Keep up the good work chief
    Cheers man! yea part of the family, most people would of weighed it in by now , but we just couldn't do it as its been such a good little car!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_d View Post
    I had the same knocking with mine, mine was a 1.0 ohv though, it had been sat 8 years, when i got it on the road after a few weeks going up inclines it would knock and rattle on the top end, changed the oil and filer and it went away, i should have done it straight away been sat that long but i was more bothered about driving it. Maybe something to think about? but both nova and capri look awesome.
    Cheers Phil! yea when I got home I noticed the oil was a bit low, although on the 50mile trip home it actually stopped knocking! oil and filter were also pretty new anyway so dunno really, took the cam cover off and started it up with a rag over and the oil seems to be getting up there fine, its seems to have fixed itself! :D

Got a new radiator on the way hopefully as its started weeping at the bottom from corrosion, well it is 27 yrs old!

Did 250 miles yesterday, and shes averaging around 50mpg, really gunna feel the petrol savings compared to the capri

Today I fitted some new bulbs to my 6clock dash, it never came with any, but I should be able to see the speedo at night now
    Also glued back the temp needle as I snapped it off a few years ago and its been bugging me ever since

Good as newish

the new ones are black,2 more left to get still

and all back in
    Cheers.
    Last edited by chris862; 13-08-12 at 02:49 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a few more bits done
    Got the new radiator off ebay, £41 delivered all fitted up now

Old one past its best!

and tidied up both rear arches and boot

nowhere near perfect, but more presentable now atleast