Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some little fckukers keying my nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some little fckukers keying my nova

About 2 weeks ago I found a deep 2 foot long scratch above my NS rear arch.
    I thought fair enough it could have been an accident in a car park or something but I've just got out of my car now and noticed another scratch exactly the same length and just as deep, if not deeper, just above the last one.
    I'll get some pics up as soon as I've got some photos of the damage.
    I kind of have an idea as to who's done it but have no solid proof that it was them.
    Can anyone suggest an effective form of CCTV that should be able to pick up a license plate/face from about 15 to 20 meters? As this is how far away the car is from my house.
    Any reply is much appreciated.
    Last edited by AntFLZ; 19-04-12 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Distance from house in meters not feet

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this happend to my old dears spanking new french tat pug some kids decided to have a game of knots and crosse's on every panel and a smiley face on the bonnet to top it off.you can get a cctv camera that you can watch on your iphone if you have one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Riggy was like a god in Mid, maybe do a stake out and get 'em

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are seriously dicks, I don't get how somebody somehow thinks they have the right to cause hundreds of pounds of damage to somebody's property just because it's a car, you wouldn't get somebody graffiting your house or windows so why do it to a car?
    I really can't wait till I find out who's doing it though, I think a tin or brake fluid might be in order.
    How far are they effective for? Could they pick up a face or license plate from 20 meters away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think a good stake out might be in order, take the *******s up to the moors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing with CCTV it is rendered useless if they have a hoodie on or baseball cap etc especially at night, you would be better noting which evening and then waiting for them the next one.

Good luck, people like this need a little reminder of how difficult things can be!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if its who I think it is then ask I have to do is catch them walking across the road to my car and I've got them. Like you said though, I'm not in work tomorrow, I might camp out in the car and catch them by surprise

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same sorta thing happened to me, lights off and sat at the window til they came back(the next night) then scared the little rats up the road

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 12ftlb air rifle will set you back £100. 50meter+ range. Blow their hand off, they have no proof it was you and might not even realise it was the owner of the keyed car. I can often see my car, and have a 6ftlb air pistol, can blow holes in fences at a 10meter range. I'd certainly be grabbing it if I saw my car being vandalised. NOT lethal, just f**king painful for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can i just point out that nobody in their right mind will risk a jail term for a 2ft scratch on an old banger(every one elses view of novas, not ours), and talk of shooting people with airguns that cost much more than the repair will is just internet talk, and thus far removed from real life as is possible.