Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK 1 + mk 2 dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be why then eh? What about door cards ect etc?? It will look silly with brown everything else but black dash!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you look in my second pic, you can see i have sprayed my door cards. you could always trim them with black cloth or replace with carbon

but once you start, there is a load that needs changing!!

U can find me in tha fo'dot six nigga. In the backseat fondlin' ya bitch nigga.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova-Boy
    Phiull GTE your stearing wheel is the b******s!!
    Want one?

Got one for sale. PM me if you're interested.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool marty, was yours a snap off?

i want to add extra buttons, like yours. but mine is a snap off, i need a hasstle free way to do this

any ideas?

i did think of bolting them to the snap off on the coloum instead of the wheel, but they may be too far in to press

hmm....

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

No need to post a pic of my dash but I do have a solution to your buttons problem. I have a Momo and Raid snap-off boss. I fitted a sparco button ring between them and connected the wires from the button to the horn connections. I can now use this button as the horn as well as the one on the steering wheel :D

Now, if I wanted to use this button for something else say NOS, then I could wire in a safty switch to divert the button to fire the NOS, simple 8) It also still comes away with the steering wheel with no exposed wires.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novax
    Hi,
    Now, if I wanted to use this button for something else say NOS, then I could wire in a safty switch to divert the button to fire the NOS, simple 8) It also still comes away with the steering wheel with no exposed wires.

I want mine to do something other than the horn

whats a safety switch? sorry, sound like I am going to get a simple answer to that!!!

i want horn button(s) nd a button for another push switch function, with out exposed wires

further help would be apreciated

cheers!

U can find me in tha fo'dot six nigga. In the backseat fondlin' ya bitch nigga.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil GTE
    cool marty, was yours a snap off?

i want to add extra buttons, like yours. but mine is a snap off, i need a hasstle free way to do this

any ideas?

i did think of bolting them to the snap off on the coloum instead of the wheel, but they may be too far in to press

hmm....
    Yes it was a snap-off. The buttons are the Sparco one's that NovaX is writing about. They fit to the wheel itself, and not the boss kit.

To have a snap-off boss-kit and buttons on the steering wheel itself, with no exposed wires, you have to have something between the wheel and the boss-kit that will conduct between each of the wires, but is not physically linked. i.e. two conducting points - one for negative, one for positive.

The most simple way to do this is to just have 'exposed' wires, but 'neatly' exposed (and colour that doesn't show) with 'bullet connectors'.

Although you can have wires going through the steering column, with conductors at both ends of the boss kit. The same as what exists now for the horn connection.

Get me?