Thread: pic request and starter help please

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default pic request and starter help please

still having a bit bother with my starter just clicking

its a 20seh and when i turn the key it just clicks, when i touch the smnall wire on the starter to the big one it clicks

when i take the starter off the car and test it with a battery the starter turn easily

if i run a jump lead from the + on the battery to the big nut on the starter (the one that already has the large power cable on) it will turn over fine

the big power cable that goes to the starter has 12v

how does the starter earth? there are 3 connections on my starter, 1 small one for the signal wire, 1 large one for the main power cable and the other one has a nut on it and sort of like braided wire that connects the solenoid to the actual starter

anyone have a pic of a big block starter fitted and wired up?

also since my car used to be a 1.0 ive been told theres a ballast wire that needs removing, its clear coated and for the life of me i cannot find it

theres none ont he ignition switch, the only original loom in my engine bay is the starter/alternator loom im running megajolt on r1's so no engine loom

anyone have a pic of the ballast wire on a 1.0?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should be two red cables to the big terminal (one from battery, one from alternator) then the thin usually black cable is the switched live from the ignition barrel which should go to the spade/small bolt terminal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aaah so i think i could be missing the one that comes from the battery to the starter, that would make sense