Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bmw Mini Clutch replacement labour time?

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that a blow off valve on the RHS?

I reckon I can get it, small hands

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a friends missus used to work in the local halfords... she told us some tales.... like people buying kiddy seats at the local car boot sale, and turning up there because the sign said 'free fitting for childs car seats'.......
    halfords attracts all the people who know shag all about cars, and then fleeces them accordingly..

re expensive/time consuming repair jobs... a mk3 fiesta diesel cambelt swap is a great one.... there truly is no room....
    jcb mini digger fan belt adjustment, 1hr replacement 2 hrs...
    my fave was on a scania 143 cab air suspension bag swap, we needed one & had never done one, and a bloke who parked in the same yard said, ooh its dead difficult, our mechanic took 9 hrs to do one..so i then proceded to take 5 mins, and he walked off yelling in his mobile at his mechanic.

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a warranty audit as BMW thought we were fleecing them as the techs were replacing head gaskets in a 5th of the official repair time. They did not believe it could be done, the technician proved it could. They filmed him doing it as proof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i was working at the case tractor dealership in the late 80's/early 90's, we used to regularly send our fixes back to the factory.. there was a certain pride to be had when a parts update comes thru with our fixes on..... we had a regular thing going on with the parts tech people with new models where we would actually examine a new model tractor to work out the common parts and send them a list, this would beat the parts book by 2 months on average.