Thread: Ewans Red 1.3sr

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ewans Red 1.3sr

Hey guys I am new to the site and will become a full member soon. Just to let you guys know I have just bought dannymcc old sr! Danny sold it to a car dealer in Ireland and I bought it of him. Norman the car dealer delivered the car to my place fife,scotland this afternoon. I am really happy with the car I cleaned it and had a good look over and cant find rust anywhere! Amazing! I will only be using the car in the summer and hopefully dry days only. The timing belt needs replaced as I dont have a reciept for it being changed. How long should it take to change the belt? How easy is it and should I change the waterpump at the same time?? Any comments on this subject would be most appreciated. My plans are to fit a fulll suspension kit. What are the PI suspension kits like? To make the car 100% mint I would like to get new door pillar vinyls and 1 new centre cap as its cracked and dont think the standard stereo is working so if anyone has these parts they could sell me please pm me. Well thats it for now I am sure everyone saw the pics when danny had it but I will put some on anyway. Oh and big shout out to dannymcc who was a great help to me by sending me pics and being 100% honest about the car THANKS DANNY BOY!.
    Last edited by EwanG; 29-08-14 at 08:52 PM.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you need to get some pics up dude.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your great buy lovley car indeed . So happy you managed to get one . And a very good one at that . All the best with the wee sr . Hope to see you at a few events with it cheers kev

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevos08 View Post
    Congratulations on your great buy lovley car indeed . So happy you managed to get one . And a very good one at that . All the best with the wee sr . Hope to see you at a few events with it cheers kev
    Cheerz kev! Why did you part with the mk1 and buy a mk2? Do you have any parts still for sale just incase I need anything? WE NEED MORE FIFERS TO BUY NOVAS!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had the opertunity on the car i know it well and very happy with it just one of these things spending a fair bit on it already as you do . I have just sold a lot of mk1 bits aswell but have a lot off usfull bits still left which you are more than welcome to see i will pm you wot thair is . Will have a rake about . Cant wait to see it in the flesh . Get some picks up

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevos08 View Post
    Had the opertunity on the car i know it well and very happy with it just one of these things spending a fair bit on it already as you do . I have just sold a lot of mk1 bits aswell but have a lot off usfull bits still left which you are more than welcome to see i will pm you wot thair is . Will have a rake about . Cant wait to see it in the flesh . Get some picks up
    I think I need one of those photobucket accounts first will sort it 2morow. Aye pm me m8 and tell me what you have. I am still so amazed how clean the badboy is...

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said excellent news Ewan, look forward to seeing a few updates on this! Best of luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done mate always glad to see a nova go to a good hope and may i add you have the best colour as red is lovely when looked after

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dannymcc View Post
    as said excellent news ewan, look forward to seeing a few updates on this! Best of luck with it.
    Thanks Danny.

I cleaned the inside of the front wings, suspension turrets and rear arches today and I cannot find any rust anywhere. Everything seems to work ok but I have not had the car out as such because of tax and insurance. The car will be on the road come May 2012. The only real problem I have had so far whilst putting the car in reverse today is that I managed to pull the gear knob off. It looks like it has been glued on but I am not bothered about this as I will source one and repair.

Did you put a clear coating wax underneath the car? If so, what make and where did you get it? As it seems to do the job!?!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EwanG View Post
    Thanks Danny.

I cleaned the inside of the front wings, suspension turrets and rear arches today and I cannot find any rust anywhere. Everything seems to work ok but I have not had the car out as such because of tax and insurance. The car will be on the road come May 2012. The only real problem I have had so far whilst putting the car in reverse today is that I managed to pull the gear knob off. It looks like it has been glued on but I am not bothered about this as I will source one and repair.

Did you put a clear coating wax underneath the car? If so, what make and where did you get it? As it seems to do the job!?!
    Yea there no rust at all on the car, when I got it there was a oily type substance on it and it seems to have done the trick! I cleaned all that off and put a bit of WD40 underneath as I was going to put clear waxoyl on or similar at a later stage. When I put on a gear gaiter we were trying to get the gear knob of for ages, it ended up in pieces . I got another mint one though but I don't think I put it on right, thats probably why eventually broke.