Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: SR mk 1 - now 109 licenced !

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nova00 View Post
    likewise you in replying
    One of many glowing reports:

...........The database appears, from some searching on the government site rather than the mash up, and from discussion elsewhere on PH, to be wildly inaccurate. It does appear to include cars subject to a SORN, If it were accurate, it would still be mildly interesting for classics as it would show how many are left now.............

To do this much research via such an unreliable resource into such a mundane model, whilst being this naive, makes you quite entertaining.

Have fun.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well might be one less on the road soon, fuel pump leaking, I think the waterpump has gone and still getting hesitation on pick up, that is after loads of work since April......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is unusual that it not the rust that kills the sr's
    Fuel pump leaking - is that normal ?
    I cannot remember ours ever leaking

Quote Originally Posted by marc69 View Post
    well might be one less on the road soon, fuel pump leaking, I think the waterpump has gone and still getting hesitation on pick up, that is after loads of work since April......
    Nova SR 1.4

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would my brother lie to me about it? And I saw the log book saying RS turbo. Maybe they mixed something up there end or something but he defo sent it back and it came back with RS turbo on the log book.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marc isnt there a little gasket on the fuel pump? If not a fuel pump and water pump cant cost much. If the shell is clean it must be worth saving no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am certain it was exactly as you said. I guess he was just lucky who he dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by lee 16v View Post
    Why would my brother lie to me about it? And I saw the log book saying RS turbo. Maybe they mixed something up there end or something but he defo sent it back and it came back with RS turbo on the log book.
    Nova SR 1.4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you wanting to be banned ?
    Firstly insulting DVLA/ HML
    then my statistics
    then me
    now the SR
    I just wonder why you are even on the site

And still NOT ONE FACT just wild statements with vague reference to internet sites without any link.

Quote Originally Posted by L14MNP View Post
    One of many glowing reports:

...........The database appears, from some searching on the government site rather than the mash up, and from discussion elsewhere on PH, to be wildly inaccurate. It does appear to include cars subject to a SORN, If it were accurate, it would still be mildly interesting for classics as it would show how many are left now.............

To do this much research via such an unreliable resource into such a mundane model, whilst being this naive, makes you quite entertaining.

Have fun.
    Nova SR 1.4

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just a bit negative about it today, the pump has gone at the outlet pipe, just fed up of the constant maintanence on these ohc engines, second time I've run one as a daily and constant issues, they seem to struggle with same use I used to use the ohv for.......ignore me though, I just wanted a moan, sorry for hijacking the thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. I am sure you will get if fixed. Does not sound too big a job to sort out.

I'm just a bit negative about it today, the pump has gone at the outlet pipe, just fed up of the constant maintanence on these ohc engines, second time I've run one as a daily and constant issues, they seem to struggle with same use I used to use the ohv for.......ignore me though, I just wanted a moan, sorry for hijacking the thread
    Nova SR 1.4

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just be thankful your paying nova prices to fix your car, its when you pay BMW prices you get really fed up

Nova00 good luck with your count