Thread: A Wiring Nightmare...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Wiring Nightmare...

Hi all, I have just got my hands on a Nova from a mate of mine late last year and I am desperate to get it back on the road where it belongs

The problem I have is that the car has had so many engine transplants its ridiculous and when I got the car it had no engine in it. So I opted and bolted in an E16SE.

My problem is the car loom is mashed up and cut up everywhere and it looks extremely hard to salvage now as it had an X16XE in before and has had corsa plugs bodged onto it. The engine loom, ECU etc. from the E16SE is perfect and I have no issues, its just the car loom.

How hard is it to replace the Car loom that enters the engine? Or does it include the whole car? The dash wiring behind the clocks are all over the place aswell so wouldnt mind that replacing tbh.

Has anyone got any looms going that could be sold to me? Cheers.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The e16se engine runs its own seperate loom to the car, so replacing it should be a doddle, just needs a few wires wiring up to give the loom power.
    This may help? http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...wiring-trouble

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all one piece and once the dashboard is out then it's not too much of a **** to swap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connor - So basically the plug from the Engine loom literally just needs the a feed and the ignition feed plus the others in the plug and do away with anything else?

I knew I opted for the older E16SE for a reason

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, think theres 5 wires to wire up off the top of my head. 2 mins i'll have a dig at what i did

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    one wire goes to the back of the starter(big red), one goes to the coil feed (med black), one to the fuel pump(red/blue), one to the rev counter(green) & the last one goes to the old choke light(brown/white or yellow, i can't remember) to use as the eml.
    Found this that might be of help. Where abouts in nottingham are you, i may be able to pop over and give a hand if need be, if i can tackle this uni work and sign out of here

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really easy to swap the car loom if you can get hold of a donor one (shouldn't be too hard)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
    Found this that might be of help. Where abouts in nottingham are you, i may be able to pop over and give a hand if need be, if i can tackle this uni work and sign out of here
    Cheers mate, been a great help. I'm not tackling it just yet as ive got work but I may give you a shout at the weekend if I'm still struggling