Thread: Swiss Trackday Nova

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top work that.

Looking forward to a few shows now I'll have a car worth showing!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Superb

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tackling 90 degree bends...

Full video in progress and coming soon
    Last edited by ExTrEmeOc; 04-07-19 at 07:49 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike other Trackdays and Slalom events, this time i participated in a "performance demonstration" called GP-Furttal, fortunately only a drive 25 minutes from my home.
    This went on over the weekend, mainly intended for vintage cars on saturday and on Sunday where the performance of race-ready vehicles could be presented to the spectators.

The more than 180 participating vehicles were divided into 7 categories, which were allowed to drive 4 times a day for about 15 minutes at a fixed time. No race, no overtaking, just fun driving and entertainment for the audience which was allowed to be very close to the action.

Arrival for me took place on Saturday noon to get a whiff of octane rich air and not missing out on the vintage car atmosphere. Also, I was allowed to attend a one-hour old-timer drive in a lovingly restored Astra mk2 GSi as a passenger.

Sunday already started at 8 o'clock for the first drivers on the track. Field No. 7, which was intended exclusively for racing cars, started shortly before 10 o'clock. At this time the air temperature was already a quiet big issue, as it was inthe majority of Europe. This made the drive in racing overalls, gloves and helmet, close to the engine bay not to the most pleasant tour that you can imagine

Unfortunately, the first run was already overshadowed by the first crashes, and I almost became a victim of it. The lovingly restored Astra, which drove behind me, suddenly lost brake fluid and could not brake in time for the next corner. Interestingly, I had already realized in the rearview mirror that the speed with which he closed on me was to high to slow down in time. I moved to the left and he pulled the handbrake while veering to the right, which unfortunately for him ended in the guardrail.
    Since I had 4 cameras recording the run, it quickly became apparent that we were probably only a few centimeters apart before a collision would have occurred.

Fortunately, I was able to finish the first run unharmed, but my luck was also put to. At this point again a big thanks to all that helped for the work and the brake fluid!

The next run went smooth except for an occasional small powerslide. The rear brakes got a new setting, which they go through without overbraking: full pressure. This will most likely force me to get bigger brakes on the rear axle as the full potential is not used yet.

Unfortunately, I broke down in the last third of the last drive. The car began to stutter more and more and showed no performance. After the engine finally cut out and didn't want to run any more it became apparent there was no sign of life anymore and the run was over for me.
    The reason for this became, still sitting in the drivers seat, obvious to me and was confirmed to me after a quick look into the fuel tank ... empty!

Since the whole event was over after that run, i've loaded the car on to the trailer where it broke down, of course with some petrol in the tank.

Over all a really eventful event in which I would like to participate again.

And at last the Video... enjoy!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this!!

We're planning a spa trackday early next year be cool to see this there!?!?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great idea, let me know the date as soon as possible and i'll see what i can do

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent, we'll keep you in the loop!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unclogging the exhaust

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome video.
    Love the rwd set up.
    Love the camera under side, such a cool view.

Love that your racing on the road too
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce