Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: My long term Nova rebuild (started in 1999!)

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I was surprised to see so much reproduction stuff available. Was looking at those vinyls and stickers the other day. There's repro GSI grille badges available too?!
    Yeah I spied them too! My biggest shock has been how expensive bits are nowadays.

Anyhow had a little adventure this week...

So bought an engine and gearbox. You'll find this hard to believe but it was a 70k one with a chipped ECU etc etc I'm not surprised that even now after all these years the mileage never changes and it seems there's never been any other kind of ECU but a chipped one.

But to be fair the lad was good to his word it was a good runner because it was still sat in the car when we got there to prove it. This was a slight surprise as I thought I was just going to pick it up. I'd chucked the engine crane it the van because I'm to old and busted up to be picking motors up anymore and my Halfrauds professional tool kit just in case, so an impromptu trip down memory lane ensued of getting hands dirty removing an engine.

It was an absolute laugh me and my mate and this gaggle of young 'uns ripping the car to bits. It saddened me a little when I asked them if they used any forums and they stared blankly back at us wondering WTF this old muppet was on about.

So now I have an old banger motor to get it moving....

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What engine is it? I can't make it out from the pictures.
    Edit scratch that I can see it's a c20xe

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame you're not sticking with a 1600!

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to see your on with this again. Great project.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, “DAMN, what a ride!!”