Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: MK1 Daily

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoyed the last couple of pages of this thread.

I noticed I asked about your xmember a few pages ago, I've since done mine and would recommend the extra bracing you were looking into doing (up the bottom of the chassis legs). Ideal time would have been when adding the strengthening plate to the inside of the legs). The OE one has bracing there don't forget.

I like your pedal cylinder assembly, do you plan to reverse the 'throw' of the clutch pedal since the current cable is pulled and attached at the top? Just a clevis half way down the clutch pedal below the pivot (although may be tricky to get the right clutch travel)?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Enjoyed the last couple of pages of this thread.

I noticed I asked about your xmember a few pages ago, I've since done mine and would recommend the extra bracing you were looking into doing (up the bottom of the chassis legs). Ideal time would have been when adding the strengthening plate to the inside of the legs). The OE one has bracing there don't forget.

I like your pedal cylinder assembly, do you plan to reverse the 'throw' of the clutch pedal since the current cable is pulled and attached at the top? Just a clevis half way down the clutch pedal below the pivot (although may be tricky to get the right clutch travel)?
    i did put that bracing in mate just didnt take a photo! Im going for hydraulic clutch on this so im hoping getting the pedal travel wont be too hard, more concerned about the brake pedal travel! Should have some more pics to upload sunday, test fitting my wheels and tyres before it goes for paint and painting my rear bumper/sideskirts

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick update...

Sprayed my GTE kit. considering the only thing ive ever painted is my cage im really pleased!

and then the car..

VXR Arctic white. really pleased with how it came out!

Single piece ACW windows in the doors along with a seal kit from 8 valve craig on here, had a slight retard moment when fitting them but im really pleased with how they came out (Drivers side does have a slider in, just dont have a photo )

all the photos i have of it currently! lots of other things have been fitted that i'll get on here eventually.

I need to bond a GTE spoiler to my boot, any tips people?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks proper hardcore I love a prepped shell stanced up with no front end on.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cracking stuff as usual Jake, nice to see this taking shape, can't wait to get mine in paint now

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few more as promised:

Carbon door cards

Electric heated screen & polycarbs in

Racks not staying like that nor is the suspension, havent got there yet...