Thread: C16XE Custom Inlet Manifold

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default C16XE Custom Inlet Manifold

The time has come to sell my custom inlet manifold as i no longer have any use for it due to throttle bodies and its a shame to see it just sat in the garage.

I had the inlet made when i was building my turbo c16xe, i had ran an ebay special one up to that point and it really wasnt up for the job.
    The inlet has been made using 5mm thick ally tubing so no chance of it cracking under boost and has been professionally welded (the welds really are perfect)

After running it on my turbo for 6 months the engine went bang so i fitted an n/a powered 1.6 running using this manifold again and had no problems at all, the inlet has been designed to run over the g/box side (i ran it with abit of samco and air filter), due to me experiancing problems with the manifolds that run between the engine and strut (powerbox type) the space between the engine and strut is very tight. Especially on the nova and under heavy track use i found the pipe was getting squashed causing my engine to bog down.

The manifold comes with fuel rail and injectors but you will have to run your own pressure reg as i had an adjustable one (2 minute job to swap to the standard one)
    Brake servo connection (screw on type) had been tapped into the rear
    the inlet had 2 vaccum outlets on the side, 1 for the pressure reg and one for my boost gauge but can be blocked off.

The lower part of the inlet is off a C16XE so has the larger inlet ports.
    regarding bhp gains im not going to promise silly numbers like many ebay ads do as i never had it rolling roaded when it was n/a but there was a massive difference over the standard inlet which lets be honest is crap.

Looking for £300 ono can post.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bttt

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)