Thread: Karisma's '84 saloon 2 door

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Karisma's '84 saloon 2 door

Hey all I'm Sean, some may recognise my corsa project.

Here is my new project thread and the new car which shall ruin my bank balance and my sanity!!!!

Enjoy reading if you can be
    The car is a 1984 1.2 8v Vauxhall Nova saloon 2 door Model with 46k on the clocks.

The car was purchased brand new at Twells of Billinghay on the first of august 1984, the car stayed with its original owner up until a few years ago until he passed away. The car was passed along the original owners daughter and put away in a barn for 4 years where a nice little mouse found a warm home and a chance to chew the rear seats. After talks with people the daughter was told it was worthless and was due to scrap the car, but a lad called james found out and bought it off her for £200 fine english pounds, he has had teh car since december 2010 and hasnt done much with it apart from look after it and give it any nessecary work. I found out about the car, which wasnt actually for sale according to the owner, told him how interested i was and how much i would look after it if one day i was lucky enough to own it. James eventually offered the car to me for £600. So after selling my alloys and mirrors from the Corsa project i foned him to tell him i was ready to buy the car. My v5 came through the other day so im and one very excited owner of a car ive wanted for a long time.

The car has such features as original tax disc holder, original dealer stickers in window, all original keys from 1984, original tax disc from 1985 from when the car was purschaed brand new, Original Number plates with twells dealership on them.

The car has its original owners booklet with it, which has the owners manual and the original Radio Manuals, still absolutely mint, Inside the owners booklet is a whole host of MOT slips, tax discs and Service Sheets dating back to the early 1980s.

I was lucky enough to be able to have a good chat with the previous owner about the car before i bought it and asked as many questions as possible and had a chance to check over the shell, lets be honest, novas are well known for being little rot boxes. I was happy to find that all the problem areas were solid, Sills have been replaced but theyre not good enough so ill redo those.

The car is from what I can see almost identical to calamity josh's but just blue. Any idea what the name of the paint is anyone?

Anyway ill let you all see what youve been waiting for! PHOTOS! Enjoy. Ive got plenty more to tell you about, and there will be lots going on once the project gets going.

Sean

Last edited by karisma; 27-08-11 at 07:04 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks very well, any plans for it? Think the colour is Nordic blue.

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice find. Its China blue BTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need a meet.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey balley, car won't be on the road for a.while but as soon as it is ill be out. Been to see the car tonite in storage just to check it. Love it even more every time I see it. Thanks for telling me the colour.

Comments and suggestions and ideas are all welcome.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not really an update but ill be on the hunt for replacement panels and starting to clean it all to its former glory. Will keep this thread as updated as possible.

Also looking for an early mk1 saloon rear lower bench, imagine its going too be hard to find

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a hole rear bench matching your fronts in my shed mate. pm me if you want it

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesnt look too bad, keep us updated.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really an Update but as i want to document everything and make this my best ever build thread im putting everything i can on here.
    Ive got some fresher pictures of the car taken with a proper camera and some other bits, history, literature etc. geeky stuff.
    Heres some new pictures of the car. Im not able to get to the car very often as its in storage so nothing has changed.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought id get some photos of the original Onwers booklet thingy.

and all the stuff inside it.

And i also picked up an Early Nova Haynes Manual and an Old Nova Autodata Manual.

As the car is in a location where i cant even clean it as its a remote lockup then i will be bringing home stuff to deep clean, little stuff like the original GM rubber mats, and anything easily removable for now. Ill update everything as and when it happens.

Should hopefully have a new rear bench soon too, as mine isnt great and i want the interior mint.