Thread: Credit cards

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steviegsi View Post
    Could you not just spend your £350 spare a month on lessons on payday? I'm sure you'd get a decent rate for block booking them anyway

I agree with this. Book them on payday and then you won't have the chance to spend the money. I was also terrible with money (still am sometimes) but you need to prioritise. It's only for a little while until you've passed etc. Then once you've got the job you want, you can spend it again on what you like. Although by then it might of helped you a bit with pointless spending.

As other people have said, curb the smoking too! That takes a lot of your money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for th reply guys, hugely appreciated.

Well to cut a long story short, My Grandad is willing to lend me 1.2k and I pay it back as and when. No intrest etc,
    Just have to wait for 3 weeks till his money comes through from selling his old house.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MK999 View Post
    Spending £7 a day on cigs, of your £350 spare a month, you're inhaling £210+ of it.
    Agreed,bacca ftw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just dont mate.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't do credit cards.

Its already been mentioned but I was also going to suggest a personal loan if you have to borrow money. BUT I took out a loan for £1500 over 12 months which works out at £140/month repayment, combined with the £380 car insurance deposit and £140/month repayments for that it nearly bankrupted me in the first few weeks as everything came at once. I ended up borrowing money off friends to pay bank etc so it doesnt take much at all to get caught in a downward spiral if your financial control is sh1t like mine!!

About two months ago I had the opportunity to take on a temporary second job which has really boosted things, as I have gone from being in debt to having plenty of money in the bank and feel safe in the knowledge that there is already enough to make the next few payments if anything should happen! I know it may not be ideal and is very hard work (I'm currently doing between 65-80 hours a week) but is there no option of doing this for a while rather than making a big financial commitment such as a credit card or loan. In the last 3 weeks I have saved nearly £800. Its just a shame this didn't come about before I made the decision to take out a loan, but now I'm in control its not too bad really.

I know there are plenty of folk on here who have bigger financial commitments so they will know more, but I hope this advice is of some use

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well things got better yesturday, I got a tax re-inbursement of just under 1k, £972 to be precise.
    So really happy with that, so no need for a credit card or borrowing money off my grandad.
    Also payday in a week, so I'll use my £350 spare towards a cheap car.

Any opinions on a vectra estate? And also taking a crash course?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you didn't reply to the scam email pretending to be H+R revenue ?? I just had one from the scamming coonts

I've been there with loans/cards, I really wouldn't bother getting in to debt if you can help it

I nearly went bankrupt for £13k personal debt, still have a year of paying it off, it can quickly get out of control trust me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the first time in my adult life i am now debt free, it took me 12/13 years to get here. As said steer clear of credit cards they are a slippery hole.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had or used a credit card the way I look at it is if I really want something then I save up and pay in full. If you can't save then that's what you need to work on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I decided not to go with the card, and was going to borrow off family,
    But no i got q cheque come through the post, and when and put it into my account this morning.