Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: cameras whats your weapon

Small Block Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gripped Canon 40D, 70-200is 2.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon 50 1.8, Canon 28-135 and a carbon fibre tripod cos I'm a carbon fibre whore!

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooo nice Oli, i looked at the 40d, but went with the 60D.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking at new Nikon D3100s in Jessops but found them a bit less user friendly than the equivalent Canons, so i bought myself a secondhand 40D with a 17-85 4-5.6 USM IS lens, bag and spare cards etc for £460. That's a lot of camera for £460 compared to the D3100 which is a bit of a toy by comparison. If you go for these higher level cameras, they tend to focus quicker, be faster (6.5 frames per second) have better build quality (magnesium alloy body on mine), better weather sealing and a nice little top plate which saves you battery! It only has 10.1mp but with a decent lens (which almost all DSLR lenses are, they'll certainly be better than anything on most compacts/bridge cameras) you'll be able to still print to A2. I'd buy a full size (not 'full frame' though!) DSLR if you can from either Canon or Nikon - there is so much compatible stuff out there for them and so much secondhand stuff available that you may as well stick to one of these systems. If you find you buy a lens which you don't like, you'll be able to sell it on too as lenes don't depreciate that badly.