Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moral dillema: What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very much so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agree with spud!

80% of accidents are caused by old people in one way or another either because they drive too slow with their faces against the windscreen and people cant wait to get past them doing 30 in a 60 or they're so oblivious to everything else on the road, they're more dangerous than bin laden piloting a plane!

i would also feel sorry for him in that he has no other form of transport but like others have said, they get discounted public transport (and fish and chips ) and hes obviously at the point where he should be in a home anyway or at least have a carer!

Club Member Club Member Pistol Pete's Avatar
    Swindoncestershire Building: A Breeze Blue XE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    In a word yes, the poor guy clearly doesnt realise that he is a danger to himself and others, he needs to be being looked after and such and is probably wanting to hang on to his independance, but ask yourself how you would feel if you dont report him and in a few weeks it turns out he has mown some poor small child down and killed them, or crashed into something big like a wagon, after going down the wrong side of the road or motorway and killed himself?
    +1
    My Rebuild

They're over there with their new toys. Someone brought them in. No idea who bought them though.....

Senior User
    Somewhere under the bonnet. Drives: Mark 4 Astra GSi turbo. Builds: Nothing yet.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes without a second thought.

The way to look at it is "You have to be cruel to be kind"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you know or can you find out if he has any sons or daughters that live nearby, and then broach the subject with them.....

in the olden days, my great aunt ran into a huge number of cars in her moggie minor, and eventually the local bobbie called round & had a nice chat with her over a cup of tea about giving up driving, and he even managed to find someone to buy her car off her.

if you called the cops in these days, they'd probably put his door thru with a sledgehammer & have a stinger across his driveway, with a tv crew on hand to make it look like they are doing exciting stuff... but getting someone he knows to talk him round might just be a bit kinder.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm with mowgli, i wouldnt shop him straight out, i'd try talking to a relative/friend/neighbour first.