Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anyone else drink alcohol...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO its definetly excessive.

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having seen the bad effects of alcohol on people close to me has really put me off the stuff. Drinking nearly every night may seem harmless now, but you could end up doing the same 10 or 20 years later only with a liver on the way out and any other number of complications. Its good to be able to relax or have fun without relying on booze, anyway hangovers suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my dad was a alcholic , my mum nearly was, and my step dad virtually is ,

so i dont drink at all , i used to when i was 17-21 ish out in the clubs etc , but nothing stupid and i have never drank on a night other then friday or sat when there is no work the day after .

the last time i drank was my stag do last september , and Rexy got me well and truley wasted , i wont drink for a good couple of years again now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 or 6 almost-pints (500ml) every night is excessive. Recommended weekly intake for a bloke is 20 units - you're doing around 5 times that.

I used to drink a lot, realised I was doing it pretty much every day, so stopped. My health improved, I lost weight, I was fitter, I had more money (). I've still retained my general intolerance though, so when I drink wine its by the bottle and not the glass

As Andy said, if you have to ask yourself that question, then the answer will always be yes. If you want to cut down or stop, start by replacing the alcohol with water, fruit juice, anything else to drink that isn't alcoholic.