Thread: the ''luxe'' w.i.p

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the ''luxe'' w.i.p

suppose i had better start a w.i.p thread being as i have a bit to do to bring it back up to 100%, the car is i woulkd say about 70 - 75 % there and just needs a bit of tlc

i started of with the engine bay this afternoon, it was not that bad in there and i wanted to get it clean to check for any rot, it didnt take long for a bit of apc and a brush to get rid of most of the mess but i decided to give it a bit of a rinse of with the pw as to remove as much as i could and i was suprised just how good it all was, there is a small amount of rust coming on the near side inner wing as you wil see in the pic's and thats about it, very pleased indeed with that, then a quick snow foam and rinse off, wheel trims off and cleaned on the inside and a go at the paint pinkness, i ended up using megs paint cleaner on it as the AG srp was leaving light marks in the paint that wouldnt budge no matter how hard i tried.......anyway car was completed with assistance from my mate mark and was waxed with colly 915 to help protect what we had done..

next job is all wheels of and clean up of arches, a break fluid change, check all brake lines and condition of brake disks pads n drums etc, have a good look around underneath check suspension, exhaust.

collect cambelt and service kit on monday morn, get that lot done and then search around for a new drivers door as after a better inspection today it really need's replacing as rot is worse than i hoped for.....

pics here from today's work and i shall keep em coming till the car is 100%...

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...eo/NOVA%20WIP/

thanks for looking

Senior User Club Member Novasport's Avatar
    Derby, Derbyshire. Drives: Nova Sport, BMW M3, Nova Swing, Peugeot 208
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would get the seam sealer off in the engine bay as the seams rot from the inside out on Mk2's and the sealer just hides it.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Novasport View Post
    I would get the seam sealer off in the engine bay as the seams rot from the inside out on Mk2's and the sealer just hides it.
    cheer's for the heads up mate, i shall get onto checking that out tomorow or on cambelt change day

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update form today and pic's added to PB account..

just a few pic's of this afternoons work, basicaly i took all 4 wheels of and had a good clean in the arches, loosening any stuck on dirt and checking for tin worm, after doing this i decided to give them all a few coats of matt black spray to help protect where there was bare metal, cleaned the wheels down and gave them a few coats of paint whilst at it, had a good look and probe around underneath and all is looking good, minimal rust and brake lines etc are mint, looks like it had an exhaust a short while ago too so another bonus....
    i decided to remove the passenger side door lock and straighten up the skin as it had been got at, this only took a few mins and was back looking straight in no time, changed oil and filter, oil was pretty clean tbh but wanted to do it myself so i know it has been done, air filter was like brand new so that has stayed in.

even got my lad involved as he wants insuring on it...bribery a great tool to have in the box.....

not a bad half days work i dont think

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another quick update, changed cambelt - waterpump - stat and fanbelt today, fanbelt looked to be original one ....

on another note, can someone tell me what spec the gearbox oil should be please, and any idea how much and how aesy it is to change the fuel pump as been advised to do change them also as it was well known in the trade that a 40k mile service the fuel pump needed doing ???

cheer's
    Last edited by Ditch p; 25-07-11 at 10:44 PM.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

managed to get some work done on tidying up the drivers door and rear quater this afternoon, got it all sanded back treated rust spot's and then filled, rubbed down and primered with stone chip...looks ok for now but found some rot in rear arch that i didnt see when cleaning them out...going to have a look at repairing that pretty soon

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another little update...

had the car machine polished this weekend at the woodvale rally and pic's have been added to the PB account