Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the trouble is that the british aren't into the whole middle eastern haggling thing..

its a social thing, they are a different culture. thats the whole point of visiting a different country, if thats what you don't want, then go to skeggy or benidorm

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is harsh but thats with all my dealings with them when ive been overseas, i stayed in germany for 5 years in the place is crawling with turks, horrible people same as the polish, wouldnt trust any of them, see most people would say im "racist" and i'd agree to an extent, recently when in poland everyone hated us tbh because we were "british bast*rds" etc and wanted to fight all the time, even had missiles thrown when walking down the street for no reason, but over here we bend over backwards in think there nice ppl, i would never give turks my money but thats just me

Gold Club Member# 001 Club Member Nova_Tek's Avatar
    Hertfordshire..... Builds: ......... Snowplough'd LET
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are various reasons for the above in my opinion but I'm not gonna go into anything, as most of these threads end up becoming an argument and becoming closed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came back from turkey 3 weeks ago really nice place we went icemler and stopped at the alvaro but it is very basic.
    As said above if your other half has blonde her they become a pain in the ass as I found out.

Even worse if your baby daughter has blonde her too we could not walk 5m without a turk wanting to stop and gave her a cuddle the women too

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrT View Post
    it is harsh but thats with all my dealings with them when ive been overseas, i stayed in germany for 5 years in the place is crawling with turks, horrible people same as the polish, wouldnt trust any of them, see most people would say im "racist" and i'd agree to an extent, recently when in poland everyone hated us tbh because we were "british bast*rds" etc and wanted to fight all the time, even had missiles thrown when walking down the street for no reason, but over here we bend over backwards in think there nice ppl, i would never give turks my money but thats just me
    Working in a builders merchant I've seen plenty of Polish builders (that isn't just a stereotype ) all of which were hard working people that keep to themselves unless you speak to them... in which case friendliest people around in my experience, my supervisor at one point was a Polish girl too and probably the nicest person I've worked with, at the very least one of! The accent is cute as hell on a girl imo too

We also had a Turk running a burger van outside (generally one outside every wickes) who was a good honest hard working friendly person, and to date the best burger I ever had too I know plenty of English people that are the opposite though. Can only judge people by who you meet, but then if you decide they're arseholes from the outset, you're not really gonna get to know them at their best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the only reason you have a lot of bad stuff to say about turkish people is because thats all you hear people talk about from their holidays...all the ones in the holiday areas etc...but neway....

dont sell your missus for a camel....they have homing instincts she will find her way back to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and the Mrs went in 2007 to Cusadasi. Was ok but the people can be either end of the scale either really friendly or an absolute pain and won't leave you alone and can be quite aggressive sometimes. Also they won't think twice of trying to get laid by your Mrs, and will blatantly flirt with her in front of you so if your the jealous type its better not to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/\ that does it, i'm taking the mrs there next year......

tbh, there are plenty of places in this country that you get treated worse by english people, like most of london, or any sizeable tourist attraction...