User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ignition/Starter Switch Panel

Hi, im sure this is an easy one to most people, wiring is my weakest point

what wires go to were ? also its for track car so not sure if makes a difference with the old ignition positions ?

thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all explained in the Haynes Max Power book . I'll try and get some pics.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not entierly sure with a track car but on my car i took the black/red wire from the back of the ignition switch put it to a terminal on the left hand switch, put a wire from one switch to the other and then put a permanent live to the remaining terminal, so the push button will only work when the toggle is switched, as for the ignition i took the glove box out and traced the red and black wires from the ignition switch and spliced into them and put it onto an isolator key in the glove box, but you could take the red and black wires put them to the toggle and then the black/red started wire and put it to the push button and then a permanent live to the other and use it for ignition and starter, hope this helps

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Liiam View Post
    It's all explained in the Haynes Max Power book . I'll try and get some pics.
    not got it, infact iv only ever got a max power mag once a very long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_d View Post
    Not entierly sure with a track car but on my car i took the black/red wire from the back of the ignition switch put it to a terminal on the left hand switch, put a wire from one switch to the other and then put a permanent live to the remaining terminal, so the push button will only work when the toggle is switched, as for the ignition i took the glove box out and traced the red and black wires from the ignition switch and spliced into them and put it onto an isolator key in the glove box, but you could take the red and black wires put them to the toggle and then the black/red started wire and put it to the push button and then a permanent live to the other and use it for ignition and starter, hope this helps
    i did have a go and put red/black and red from starter motor for push start before i posted (turned over) but best i ask first as there is like 3 blacks, one red on its own, red/black and another red i guess some are for the different ign positions i just need ign on/off and push start (and red light i suppose)