Thread: prank call's help pleases

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation prank call's help pleases

is there a way of finding out who pranking you on with held as the lass is getting it really bad and it starting to really upset her. or is there away to get it stopped all help welcome doing my head in seeing her this upset

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try phoning up the network and see if they can put a block on the number thats been calling? if its coming up as blocked when the calls come through, the phone network should be able to get the number and block it. pretty sure it can be done, but i dont think that they can give you the number not 100%

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can contact BT to get withheld calls rejected on your landline, It costs a small amount on top of your bill each month though (£3 I think).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you might need to contact the police first so you get an incident number then call bt or if it's your mobile call your provider and explain and I'm sure they will ask for an incident number

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some phones have a menu setting to automatically reject witheld or private numbers (I know all my old Nokias had the option) - obviously they'll still go to answerphone though, but at least you can just junk your messages without listening to them. They'll soon get bored hopefully.

Other than that, I'd call your network operator first and tell them you're getting harassment calls. Keep a log of the date/time of each call, as they'll need this to check their records. Also if you get referred to the police (which would be your next step if the service provider do sod all) a log will come in handy. Not sure if the fuzz will be too bothered though if its just pranking and no actual verbal calls

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its probably them retards off radio 1,they still find bollox like that funny.

Seriously though,your network provider wont want to know,they told me i had to report it to the police and get a court injunction type thing.All i asked for was the name!
    Good old 02 dings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failing all that change your number, a pain yes but if the police cant do anything and your net work cant then thats an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy, your provider won't give out a name or number due to DPA, they'd need police (camera) action to give out that info. They should be able to just block the calls though

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its a mobile it should have the option to block witheld calls, mine has anyways may be some phones not sure.

try settings then calls hopfully you can get it sorted mate.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to get prank calls/threatened a lot when I was younger, I was always in trouble or some kind of arguement. But in all fairness I used to enjoy it! One day I had enough of my ex ringing me and giving me grief, so I rang my network provider, and they are pretty much powerless. So I think, the only option is to change your number.

But i always say it's cowardly to ring with your number with held. A classic I had was some gangster on the other end, saying in some hardcore voice " who the f@ck is this" i replied "what do you mean who's this, you rang me!" Lol, I think he was that embarrassed at his threatening prank call, he hung up!