0 Thread(s)

Looks well mate, nice to see you cracking on after all that time

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So went into work to do a scotching job and finished earlier than I expected, girlfriend was expecting me hone for 4 and finished at half 1, so decided to stay and do some on the nova,

swapped the servo.

Hits the throttle body though :/

Then lengthened the air flow wiring so I could bring the plug to the front rather that the back as it fouled the turret.

Having a golf and being on the vdub forums iv noticed everyone uses the Honda s2000 filter instead of an aftermarket filter, so I decided to follow suit like a sheep.

Little large but fits like a glove, then quickly put the headlights on and called it a day.

Next job get the rear brakes built back up when I get a new hub nut(managed to loose one), the fit my 256mm fronts , hopefully will be done this year if I can keep the enthusiasm.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's left to do to get it back on the road?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistically not much, need to fit the front brake set up and bleed front and rear, fit my fibre glass wings and GTE bumper, mount the ecu and tidy the wiring, fit a set of clocks and then modify my corsa gsi seats to fit and it's mot time

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a little bit more done today, went into work early and did an hour before work.

Bled the rear brakes, fitted the 256mm fronts and gave it all another quick bleed, then connected the gear linkage.

Then for the first time in just shy of 6 years it's moved under its own steam �� absolutely over the moon, can't wait to get back at it, next job is fitting some seats.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear it mate, bet you're looking forward to having her back on the road

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mk1nova_rich View Post
    Glad to hear it mate, bet you're looking forward to having her back on the road
    Can't wait, when I put the first c16xe engine I had in it was on the road less than a month and I ripped it apart, so really looking forward to putting some miles on her, you still got yours?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was hoping updates would come thick and fast, but after not being able to get it running properly I lost the love and left it sat in the corner of works car park. Been looking for a roll cage for s while, managed to find one then got let down at the last minute which pissed me off so I managed to get a rear cage local so bought it and booked 2 days off work and got some motivation back........only to find the cage isn't for a nova as advertised :/ so decided to finish off some bits while I had some spare time, fuel tank out to check the fuel pump as I was having fuel starvation issues, found I had stupidly managed to trap the fuel line between the tank and floor.

Then got my fibre glass wings on, starting to look like a car again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well had a few hours to kill after work so decided to fit my internal gear shift, remember reading in the articles how to, and it saying shorten the rod by 3 inches and make it straight, the bend in mine was about 6, so I chopped the bend out chopped it down by 6 inch then chopped 3 off the original and welded that to the end, not the prettiest but its straight

Got it roughly bolted in to check functionality, works a treat, just need to neaten the hole in the floor, whip it out and plate the floor, I drilled 4 holes through the floor for the mounting points so once plated I can drill them from the underneath.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cage probably started out as a Nova cage. I suspect its had the feet modified is all.

http://www.safetydevices.com/motorsp...roof/397/1226/

Paul..