0 Thread(s)

love this build dude i dont know why but im starting to like nova loons

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well not updated this in a while and not that much has happened, just been collecting parts, got a complete front panel to go on, 2 litre brakes with grooved discs, hopefully got an internal shifter in the post as i payed for it weeks ago. And also amongst the parts accumilating, this which i bought by accident, spur of the moment ebay bid cos it was cheap,

undecided weather to sell it on and rebuild the c16xe or rebuild this. Hopefully some progress in the next few weeks.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i hoped that i would have made a lot more progress than i have but progress is progress, well i bought a c20xe to replace the c16xe so i sold the c16xe then i was skint so i had to sell the 20xe, did a lot of thinking and decided small block ftw so a new c16xe has arrived

also sold my white wheels that i had so im undecided on what to replace them with? they can wait till last as im on a bit of a tight budget at the moment. So plans are to tidy up the engine, get the shell sorted, going to start the front panel and engine bay at the weekend. Got a pair of decent doors to fit, then paint it a nice blue, possibly cosra gsi interior as i have one kicking about and im thinking ,maybe a flocked dash, any comments and advise welcome

This is how she sat when i left her yesterday

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well havent updated this for a while, was lacking on the enthusiasm side of things, but over the last few weeks its come back last weekend decided to completely strip the front end,

then dug my front panel out

then this weekend io decided to remove the slightly rotten front panel, only the headlight surrounds had rusted but i decided to do the whole lot anyway, so armed with a drill, hammer and chissel this happened, the inner wings have a little bit of rot but nothing major.

then offered the new one up,well my dad did ,

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While i had acces i thought id add some strength, was toying with the idea of getting a full plating kit but im only running a baby xe so didnt see the need,

The seams are now welded but forgot to take some pictures, hopefully now iv made a posotive step forward updates will keep coming .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well finally some progress after all this time, lost storage so it's had to come home

With having 2 young kids and working 6 days a week finding time to go to the unit and get anything done was impossible, but with it now being outside in the elements it needs doing sooner rather than later, so a few days off work was in order.

Managed to get the GTE flywheel and clutch on .

Changed the timing belt

Then the fun bit .....getting the engine and box in without a hoist.

Then got the bilstein front struts on and back on its feet for the first time in a long time, venoms are only temporary to keep it rolling till I find some better wheels,

Sorry for the long post and plenty of pictures just so happy with the amount of progress....next step wire it up then IL start cleaning and sealing the chassis legs and getting the new fibre glass wings on. Hopefully plenty more updates soon.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well got a little bit more done after work, not as much as I'd hoped but I lost light, started with sorting out the bodged wiring,

Started off with wiring diagram I printed off autodata, worked out which wires bad been cut and what wires went where for the fuel pump relay.

Just need to figure out how to connect my fuel lines, when I ripped the original c16xe out I put all the bits in a series of boxes, now I seem to have lost one with the old fuel rail and connections in, if anyone has any spare for sale drop me a pm, cheers

Dr Sideways
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phil can I buy those venoms off you please! Good memories of having a set on a couple of motors in my youth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So booked another day off work to get some progress done today....doesn't seem like iv done much but I feel like its getting closer.

Started the day like this, engine bay loom all fixed and ready to be pulled tough the hole in the bulkhead but still with the corsa start/charge loom, so set about swapping the nova start/charge loom over, then fitted my vss and running some wires.

Then set about the inside, fixing what I rushed and bodged when I first did the conversion about 6 years ago,

With the engine loom pulled through I ran some proper wiring to the fuel pump and wired it in, again being younger and in a rush last time I ran some piss thin wire to the fuel pump with a toggle switch, so it's all wired in properly now.

I even wired in the eml so I can flash codes if needed.
    Inside ended up like this.

Engine bay ended up like this.

Need to lengthen the wiring for the air flow meter and get a filter of some sort.

It's got no fuel in it at all, since the fuel filler neck rotted through, I was going to fit my new one today but a quick glance and I noticed some tin worm behind it :/ so I think IL get that sorted before I get any fuel in it, hopefully some more progress soon and maybe I can get her running before summer is out .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after finding the rot behind the fuel filler neck I decided to weld her up before sorting the filler neck , so took a few days off work and the lad I work for said I could use the ramp during the day seen like if I wasn't there it wouldn't get used anyway,

Not got many pictures as iv tried to do as much as I could in a short period of time,

Good check over and it wants 3 patches on the sills, the inner arch and below the rear bumper so not too bad.

Also iv not got any wheels that I want to use, got a set of venoms that I'm not keen on and a set of cheap tigra wheels which I also don't like, however the girlfriends Clio has some sport 16" wheels.......so had a play.

Bit unsure on the wheels but they are a lot nicer than the other 2 sets I have.

Once I got the welding done I got the filler neck swapped over put a couple of litres of fuel in and she runs.

Hopefully lots more progress soon
    Last edited by Phil_d; 27-04-17 at 09:49 PM.