0 Thread(s)

top work

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well havent updated this for a while, when i had got the engine in i had a few days of enjoyment and then the problems came, wouldnt run on 4 cylynders, turned out my alternator bracket had slipped so fanbelt was slipping causing it to not charge fixed that and it decided 4 cylynders were good again (: after that i got it cleaned up and i just enjoyed it.

Then i hit a pot hole and everything shut down, ignition fuse popped, couldnt fix it at the roadside, tried about 6 fuses at the roadside, popped straight away, so my dad towed me home. When i got home i replaced the fuse and she fired up :S after ths i didnt trust it so took her of the road and bought a cheap sensible daily

306 D-Turbo, bought as it is, lowered(quite a lot)tweeked fuel pump, according to boost gauge running 20psi of boost and a de-cat exhust. Its lower than the nova, comfier, more economical but yet id rather drivethe nova
    Got a few plans for the nova but no sure exactly what im going to do, its getting stripped, strengthened and painted, engine wise unsure, maybe keep the c16xe and tweek it a little bit but debating 20xe. Wanting to convert it to 5 stud, cav turbo alloys, got some 288mm brakes for it and a gte rear beam with disc conversion, wont have space to strip it or a few months so just looking out for parts and ideas at the moment, so hopefully a few updates soon

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 16xe is bang same as my mates 20xe speed wise, but sounds loads better

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember watching your build thread, looks like a good conversion just needs the tank sorting if i remember, bit more tweeked than mine, mines just a standard c16xe. hoping to squeeze a bit more power out of mine tho

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh thats the 1, i was getting messed about tryin to get hold of the right tank and was groing impatient so just ended up getting what i could . those inlets make the best bang for buck id say

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i was thinking about one after seeing mk1nova_rich's c16xe but im still unsure on what engine to go with so we shall have to see(:

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well not much of an update but after speaking to my dad my novas got a nice new home for the winter Iv got space to strip it, my dads welder is kept under the safe roof and it comes with a large yellow engine crane :P Hopefully we may have some updates soon :D
    Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having the space to work on the car and for it to be protected from the weather is half the battle mate, looking forward to seeing updates mate
    +rep

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well having moved the car into my dads unit i thought id get some work done, turns out traveling 3 miles to the nova on a cold dark night need more entheusiasm than i have at the moment but me and my dad have started to make my rollover spit ready for when the engines out. Iv removed all the seats and dashboard is ready to lift out so thats a start i suppose :D

Started off with lots of 40x40 lengths and some 50x50 lengths, took some measurements of the nova and made the initial upright sections,

Then there were two

Its not going to be done till either next week or the week after as its going to be more than just two a frames with a piece of scaf as the pivot point. We shall have to see if my dads idea comes to light.

And a sneaky pic of my dads epic work bench (which happens to be perfectly level and has a perfect green cloth underneath the work top) :P

Hopefully gunna get the engine out sunday so possibly some updates soon.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as planned engine came out today (: started off like this

Then set about taking drive shafts out and removing throttle cable and loom.

When i had removed everything attached to the engine i took the weight of the engine with my engine crane

Dropped the engine to the floor and took the strap off, then lifted the car over the engine.

Then pulled the engine out.

Put the wheels back on and dropped it down.

While it was up in the air i had a dig about, battery tray is solid,

Offside front arch has a slight hole,

Sills are the worst, both have a small hole just below the doors,

And behind the headlamps isnt the healthiest,

Hopefully mi dad will have finished the rollover spit this next week so we can get it up in the air and get all the underseal stripped and have a proper dig about see what panels i need to buy and what needs plating, hopefully it wont need too much but we will have to just wait and see (: i know it dosent look like much progress but it feels like iv actually made a start, still undecided what engine to put in when the welding and bodywork is done.
    Comments and advise very welcome