nice to see a dead corsa

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    jacking the car up on a tiny jack and 2 wooden blocks to pull engine out epic fail but soooo much win love it! +rep!
    I know mate did look a bit dangerous when i was doing it but its all i had to hand, my big blue point jack refused to work so i had to use my dinky one

And the pump, i was going to try and just swap the pump but didnt look like it wanted to seperate, il have another go when i get home from work as i only had 5 mins to work on is as i was taking the corsa remains to the graveyard last night :D

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well got home tonight and decided to go straight into the garage and sort out my fuel tank, i think i was bieng slack last night as i managed to seperate the pump from the carrier on the gsi tank first time, so i swapped it and then checked it pumped by giving it a live and an earth. It worked so im ready to start ripping the engine out of the nova at the weekend

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made a bit of progress this weekend, got the old lump out and the new one in (: Had a few problems along the way but nothing too major. Started off by taking everything off like the throttle cable, choke cable fuel line and wiring which was about 3 wires

Then i took suspension arms off and drive shafts and loosened the engine mounts.

Then placed my engine trolly under and dropped it out.

Then got the new one ready to go in.

Then got it sat in place :D

Made an exhaust to fit, its not perfect but when its running properly i can modify it, its pissed it down all weekend which didnt help. Got the fuel tank in and the fuel lines made up, loosely connected the main wires and tried it, it runs so tomorrow im going to cut a hole in the bulk head and run the wires properly, need to then put the corsa throttle cable in and then go round and check everything make sure hub nuts are tight and stuff. Only thing im a bit unsure of is radiator, pipes off corsa wont fit the nova radiator and im just unsure of what to get, anyone had experience of this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put a nova gsi rad in it mate £60 new from unipart

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used the corsa rad, only just fits in like but means i can use the pipes, not sure if its same size as one on my mates is smaller like a nova one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+REP for letting all the oil just run all over the floor!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i took the one off the corsa but it looked like this

And the oil was drained into a container, just a lot of staining from where my mini used to be parked and lots of puddles due to the rain. Not realy done much tonight as it was stressing me out, just got the wires to route and solder permanatly the cooling system and a servo pipe to fit, what servo pipe do i use as the nova one wont fit and the corsa one is miles too big?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Nova rad you can have for a tenner pal, think its a 1.2 or 1.3 one. I can pop over Saturday morning if you want to have a look at mine for any info

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well got the radiator in saturday thanks to mk1nova_rich for that, then broke the water pipe that goes from the water pump round to the radiator hose, new one came today so got it fitted bled up and took it out :D

When i pulled out of my road put my foot down i was impressed, but then started to run on 3 cylinders came back home messed about with the leads and 4 again went out again and was impressed with performance but still needs a bit of work, gear linkage isnt perfect and it needs tracking. Need to sort exhaust out properly as its blowing and knockong on the underside of the car. But at least she drives :D