Thread: MK1 Saloon c16xe

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MK1 Saloon c16xe

Its about time i started my project thread on here, got my little nova may 2010 and it was a bit of a state.

After taking it for M.O.T i had a little work to do, both front wipers, o/s cv boot, n/s inner wing to patch and front brakes inbalanced. Not bad going to say it had been sat in the same place for 8 years.

Ran it around for a bit as it was then decided i wanted some better wheels so took the ones off my corsa.

Got some bilstein front shocks and springs and sum rear springs to make it sit a bit better. Since then iv just done little bits and bats to it, better stereo and hid xenons. Then i singned up to png and got some inspiration, cue donor car

Corsa gsi with kent hi lift cams and stainless exhaust. Paid 250 for it runs spot on, when i got there he threw in some gmax springs and shocks plus these

Thats as far as iv got so far, going to do the basics before i take the engines out as its my daily, going to refurb the fan blades and get a 1.2 tank fitted, not looking forward to the wiring side of it so any advise is very welcome
    Last edited by Phil_d; 04-03-17 at 03:26 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be fun when its done mate looking good

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

turned the car around pretty well and should make a good little profit from selling parts off corsa, and a free engine for your self.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice find for 250 lad.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Little bit of an update, swapped my rear springs over to the nova :)

Good job its a donor car, more rotten than a neglected nova.

Started to strip interior out as i was bored and wanted to see if it would fit the nova, sadly not without some modification, going to get some paint sorted and paint the wheels this week and get the tyres swapped over for next weekend.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got all the wiring disconnected from the bulk head this week, just wondering if anyone knows how much i keep, i know i have to keep all of the wiring that goes through the bulk head under the fuse box as it only goes to the ecu, but what about the wiring that comes though under the glove box? Do i have to use the fuse box out of the corsa or my existing internal loom off the nova?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you keep the internal loom for the nova, all you need from the corsa is the engine loom with the relays and i cut the the 6 pin connecter off the car loom and used that to mate to the nova loom and also cut the start/charge loom connecter on the corsa car loom to mate to the the nova loom.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for that Nova Baz been a bit busy over the last week so havent had time to do my wheels But started to strip the corsa today ready to drop the engine tomorrow. First things first drained the coolant and pulled the radiator out, wasnt in the best shape.

Then disconnected wiring loom from the inside and pulled it through so i could keep it attached whilst i drop the engine.

Took exhaust off and power steering pump, along with everything like clutch cable and speedo drive. Decided instead of buying a crane am going to take my dads advice and do it like he used to, drop engine with suspension attached and lift body off it. Hopefully get it out in the morning and then get it cleaned up , painted and serviced as soon as i can. This is how it stands at the moment, neighbour keeps comeing out and shaking his head but its all for a good cause

As always comments and advice very welcome.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as planned got the engine out today, going to try and get it all cleaned up this week and get some parts sorted. Was a bit too hot to be lugging an engine around on your own but needs must

Then started to strip fuel lines and rest of exhaust off as i only took downpipe off to frop engine, never looked underneath properly untill today, nearly new powerflow stainless exhaust system.

Thats as far as i got today, dont want to start on the nova untill i have got all the parts i need sorted as its my everyday car and dont want to be stuck without a car for very long

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on, good buy there!